In celebration of Memorial Day Weekend, the Bond family threw a BBQ! It was the first time I got to cook Little Leopard originals for my friends and family in Oklahoma!
This cooking experience was exceptionally excellent because I had a LOT of help! Introducing my entourage:
- Sous chef: Dad
- Dishwasher: Brother
- Taste Testers: Mom and Aunt
Pretty sure my Mom and Aunt got the best jobs in the house, but I was very grateful to everyone for their help!
The menu consisted of a couple new Little Leopard Originals, a top Little Leopard recipe from the past and Dad’s Oklahoma BBQ favorite!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Sweet Potato Jalapeño Fritters w/Sweet Jalapeño Sauce
- Pineapple Prosciutto Goat Cheese Wraps w/Honey-Mint Lime Glaze
- Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Spicy Buffalo Macaroni Salad (recipe below)
- Berry Cream Fillo Baskets
- Dad’s Shredded BBQ Brisket Sliders
Everything on the menu except the dessert was gluten-free and half the menu was vegetarian!
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni noodles
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 1 jalapeño (de-seeded and diced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup peperoncinis (chopped)
Start by cooking the pasta.
Next, prepare the salad dressing by combining the greek yogurt, vinegar and buffalo sauce, then add the chili powder, cayenne pepper and crushed garlic.
Next chop the tomato, onion, jalapeño, cilantro and peperoncini.
Drain the cooked pasta, place in a large mixing bowl and add the chopped vegetables.
Next, add the dressing.
Mix well then place in the refrigerator to chill for one hour.
Remove at BBQ time and serve!
This recipe is not for the faint of heart! If you’re looking to tone down the spice level a notch, cut the amount of cayenne pepper, chili powder and jalapeños in half.
♣ Vegan Option: Replace the greek yogurt with Veganaise, Vegan mayonnaise.
- “Add the Meat” Option: Chopped pancetta would be excellent in this salad.
♦ Gluten Free Option: This recipe is gluten-free when made with gluten-free pasta such as corn or brown rice.