Chilled Beet Soup
This post may contain affiliate links.
Creamy chilled beet soup is a refreshing vegetarian and gluten free recipe. It’s perfect for a spring or summer appetizer!
After creating the amazingness that is Beet Hummus, (now my favorite snack, I’m totally addicted!) I became obsessed with making other recipes with roasted beets.
As I was chatting with my friend that works at my favorite neighborhood spot, Queenstown Public House, he mentioned they were wanting to add a chilled soup to their appetizer list for the summer.
Since I was on my “I want to put beets in everything” kick at the time, I suggested a chilled beet soup. Then I thought to myself, “I should make that for the blog” and so I did!
As soon as I made it and began to slurp it up, I immediately envisioned little shot glasses of this chilled soup served at a summer party, cool, refreshing and delicious!
It would also make a beautiful start to a Mother’s Day Menu this weekend. Yes, Mother’s Day is Sunday, go buy your Mom something amazing because Mom’s are the best! 🙂
Chilled Beet Soup Ingredients
- 1 lb beets (peeled & quartered)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh dill (garnish)
Chilled Beet Soup Instructions
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Place the beets in a “foil basket” with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Wrap the foil around the beets and place in the oven for 45-60 minutes.
Remove from the oven, open the foil and allow the beets to cool 10-15 minutes.
Place the beets in a food processor with the greek yogurt, vegetable stock, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
Place in the refrigerator and chill for 30-60 minutes.
Serve with a sprinkle of fresh dill.
Chilled Beet Soup
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the beets in a foil basket with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Wrap the foil around the beets and place in the oven for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, open the foil and allow the beets to cool 10-15 minutes.
- Place the beets in a food processor with the greek yogurt, vegetable broth, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill for 30-60 minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.