Grilled Jalapeno Watermelon Margarita
This post may contain affiliate links.
Grilled jalapeno simple syrup adds a kick of smokiness & spice to this incredibly refreshing watermelon margarita recipe, perfect for enjoying on a warm summer day!
It’s officially summer y’all, which means it’s time to sip refreshing cocktails by the pool! Some of my summer go-to cocktails are Frozen Coconut Mojitos, Lemon Berry Prosecco Sangria, Frozen Mango Margaritas and now this Grilled Jalapeno Watermelon Margarita!
Now I know what you’re thinking, grilled jalapenos… in a cocktail? But yes, so much yes! Grilling the jalapenos, then boiling them in sugar water to make a Jalapeno Simple Syrup adds smokey, spicy and sweet flavors to any cocktail. When it’s paired with summer’s most refreshing fruit, watermelon, the combination of flavors is amazing!
Grilled Jalapeno Watermelon Margarita Recipe
To make this Watermelon Margarita recipe, begin by grilling the jalapenos, then dice the jalapenos and add them to a small pot on the stove over high heat with water and sugar, boil until the sugar is dissolved then strain out the jalapenos. Store the jalapeno simple syrup in the refrigerator until chilled.
Blend diced watermelon into a liquid, combine with the jalapeno simple syrup, tequila and lemon juice. Serve this watermelon margarita on the rocks with a grilled jalapeno slice and lemon wedge on the side to garnish.
How to make a Watermelon Margarita without a blender
If you don’t have a blender, you can purchase 100% watermelon juice instead of blending the watermelon yourself.
How to grill jalapenos without a grill
If you don’t have a grill, you can place the jalapenos under the broiler in the oven for 2-3 minutes per side to get a similar taste to the grilled jalapenos.
How to make a virgin Watermelon Margarita
Simply leave out the tequila to make a virgin Watermelon Margarita. The combination of the fresh watermelon juice, jalapeno simple syrup and lemon juice makes for a great mocktail without the tequila!
Watermelon Margarita with Vodka
Combining the watermelon juice, jalapeno simple syrup and lemon juice with vodka, instead of tequila, totally works, while it wouldn’t really be a margarita at that point, who cares, it’s your cocktail, you do you boo!
Can’t get enough watermelon in the summer? Try these other awesome recipes!
- Watermelon Mojitos
- Watermelon Serrano Salsa
- Sparkling Grapefruit Watermelon Sangria
- Watermelon Lime Sherbet Float
Tools used to make this Watermelon Margarita Recipe:
- Outdoor Grill – for summer grilling
- Indoor Grill – for off-season grilling
- Small Saucepan
- Mesh Strainer
Grilled Jalapeno Watermelon Margaritas
Grilled Jalapeno Simple Syrup
- 2 jalapenos
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups watermelon diced
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 3 oz tequila
- 2 oz grilled jalapeno simple syrup
- 2 cups ice
Grilled Jalapeno Simple Syrup
- Grill the jalapenos over medium high heat for 6-8 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes. Remove from the grill when the skin is black and bubbling, slice off the stem and dice up the grilled jalapeno.
- Add the diced jalapenos, water and sugar to a small saucepan on the stove over high heat. Bring to a boil, stir constantly until all of the sugar has been dissolved, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and strain out the jalapenos with a mesh strainer. Allow to cool in the rerigerator for 15-20 minutes.
Jalapeno Watermelon Margarita
- Add the diced watermelon to a blender and blend on high for 30-60 seconds.
- Divide the blended watermelon juice between two glasses filled with ice. Add ½ oz lemon juice, 1 ½ oz tequila and 1 oz grilled jalapeno simple syrup to each glass.
- Stir to combine. Garnish with a lemon wheel and jalapeno slice (bonus points if they’re also grilled!)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.