These holiday ornaments are so simple to make, they are a great way to show your team spirit at the holidays and get a little crafty while you’re at it!
Because of the simplicity (and lack of messy products), these are perfect to make with kids of any age. They will love having their own special ornament to put on the tree while showing off their favorite team colors!
I made two different ornaments for my two favorite teams, the Oklahoma Sooners and the OKC Thunder!
- Clear plastic ornament balls – $.49 (each)
- Colored pom-pom Balls – 15 for $1.69
- Colored small glass gems – small bag for $2.79
- Basketball (baseball or football) beads – small bag for $3.99
- Small Foam Letter Stickers – $2.99
- Small Foam Star Stickers – $1.49
1. Begin to fill the ornament with the glass gems or pom-pom balls.
2. For the pom-pom ball ornament, I layered the two different colors top/middle/bottom.
For the glass gems and basketballs, I began with one color, added the basketball beads in the middle, then added the other color on top.
3. Place the top back onto the ornament, then add the letters and stars!
Voila! 3 simples steps and your custom team ornaments are on the tree!
The great thing about these ornaments is the colors and letters can be completely customized to match middle school, high school or college colors, as well as NFL, NBA or MLB!
Happy Holidays, Thunder Up and Boomer Sooner, from the Little Leopard family to yours!