Today’s post is sponsored by Chobani.
As a full-time food blogger, I’m consistently asked how I stay fit. While it can be tough to balance eating the delicious foods I love, while also staying healthy, I’ve found that these 7 tips help me balance the two!
1. Find a workout that you love to do. If running isn’t your thing, try bicycling, if yoga isn’t your thing, try Pilates. Just keep mixing up your workouts until you find the one that works for you! I started working out with Kettlebells a few years ago and found that it was something I really loved to do, so I joined a Kettlebell gym!
2. Always have healthy snacks on hand. You’re much less likely to snack on empty calories if you have something healthy to grab at home or at work. Chobani Simply 100 Greek Yogurt is filled with protein and fiber, making it a delicious and healthy choice for a snack!
3. Get together with friends or family for a fun exercise on the weekends. Whether it’s going for a hike, or playing a pick up game of basketball, soccer or volleyball, finding a fun form of exercise that you can partake in with friends on the weekends will keep you fit-focused on Saturday and Sunday, but it will also give you a break from your normal Monday through Friday workout routine! I love hiking, so almost every weekend you’ll find me hitting a trail, whether it’s at home or on vacation. My parents recently made the hike up Mt. Woodson to “Potato Chip Rock” with me while visiting San Diego!
4. Don’t drink your calories. As a foodie, you wouldn’t want to drink up all those calories that you could be eating instead 😉
5. Find what workout time works for you. If you know that you’re not a morning person, you’re probably going to continue hitting snooze at 6 AM and miss your workouts, so evening workouts are probably best for you. I know that personally, I’m too tired after a day of work to get in a workout in the evening, so I go in the morning to ensure I get my workout in for the day!
6. Eat breakfast. A healthy, protein-filled breakfast will boost your energy in the morning and get your metabolism going for the day! Chobani Simply 100 Greek Yogurt is a great choice to grab on the go!
7. Set fitness goals for yourself. Whether it’s running a 5K, increasing the weight you lift in the gym or being able to do 100 push ups, setting fitness goals will keep you motivated to push yourself in your workouts. I’ve found that signing up for races keeps me motivated to run each week. My last race that I completed was the Fit Foodie Run, couldn’t have been a more perfect fit for me!