Combine two appetizer favorites into one with jalapeno popper pigs in a blanket! Roasted jalapenos are filled with cheese and little smokies, then wrapped in crescent rolls for an easy recipe that is sure to impress your friends!
One of my favorite things to do when creating new recipes is to combine two favorite dishes into one amazing new dish!
- Tacos + spaghetti = Buffalo Taco Spaghetti
- Meatballs + beef wellington = Meatball Wellington
- Baked brie + bruschetta = Bruschetta Baked Brie
- Mexican street corn + mac and cheese = Mexican Street Corn Mac & Cheese
- Pigs in a blanket + jalapeno poppers = Jalapeno Popper Pigs in a Blanket
I was inspired to make this recipe after seeing something similar on a menu in Washington DC at Fat Pete’s BBQ. Their version featured jalapenos, stuffed with cream cheese, topped with a little smokie, then wrapped in bacon.
I decided to go more traditional with my pigs in a blanket and wrap the entire thing in crescent rolls, but I have no doubt that bacon would also be an amazing choice!
The real debate was what to call this little appetizer, the best idea I heard from friends was “Pigs in a Popper”, so cute and perfect for this appetizer mash-up!