Hi, I’m Whitney and welcome to WhitneyBond.com!
I began this blog in 2011 to share my favorite recipes with the world. Over the last 13 years, I’ve shared over 1,300 original recipes, published a cookbook and appeared on news station across the country! Sharing what I love with you is a dream come true. I’m so excited you’re here!
I grew up in Edmond, Oklahoma across the street from my paternal grandparents. My grandma was always in the kitchen, and I was always sitting on her kitchen counter watching her every move.
My Dad also loves to cook and is a master on the grill. My grandpa was the king of smoking meats, which he passed on to my Dad, and my Dad passed down to me. My Mom has always been the hostess with the mostest! She is the queen of baked goods, cute party favors and setting a beautiful table.
When I moved to California at 18 years old, I took with me all of the things I grew up with, my Mom’s hosting skills, my Grandma’s cooking skills, my Dad’s grilling skills and my Grandpa’s meat smoking skills. And let’s just say, I threw some really epic parties!
I quickly became known by my friends, their friends, my neighbors, and anyone I met as “the girl who cooks”. Inspired by one of my brothers friends Jenna, the first person I knew that started a blog in 2010, I decided to start a blog to share the recipes that I created for my friends and family.
What started as a fun outlet to share my passion for cooking and creating recipes, quickly became much more than that!
After receiving my degree in broadcast journalism, I worked briefly in social media marketing before going full-time as a recipe creator and food blogger in 2013. At this same time, I published by first cookbook “Buffalo Style”, an ode to my love of buffalo sauce. I went on a US book tour, signing books for friends, family and fans of the blog everywhere from OKC to NYC.
On the blog, you’ll find a variety of recipes from appetizers, to dinner, to dessert. But one thing is consistent amongst all of the recipes, they’re always tested and perfected before they make their way to the blog, and into your kitchen. And they’re always full of flavor!
I want to make sure that every recipe you make from WhitneyBond.com is a winner! This is why I take the testing of recipes so seriously. I want these recipes to go from being my family favorites, to your family favorites.
As a busy working entrepreneur, my go-to weeknight meals are easy recipes that are packed with flavor. This is why I dedicated an entire section of the blog to 29 Minute Meals. I’m passionate about sharing these recipes that can provide a delicious meal for your family with minimal prep and cook time.
And of course, I haven’t left my love of entertaining and buffalo sauce behind. Appetizers for everything from holidays to Super Bowl are some of the recipes that I get most excited to create each year!
And if you’re gluten free, or have a family member that is, you’re in luck! Around the same time I started the blog, my brother was diagnosed with celiac disease (an intolerance to gluten). So I began creating gluten free recipes for him and sharing them on the blog. Now you can find over 500 gluten free recipes on the blog, including his favorite Gluten Free Orange Chicken.
I also continued my Grandpa’s legacy of smoking meats (and mac and cheese!) and my recipes on the smoker are currently some of the most popular on the blog!
Appearances, interviews, web series and more
In addition to sharing new recipes on the blog for the last 13 years with over 43 MILLION people, I’ve also participated in tons of food events and appearances in person, online, and on news stations across the country.
- Good Day Sacramento (multiple appearances)
- San Diego Living (multiple appearances)
- Arizona Midday (multiple appearances)
- San Diego 6 News Morning show (multiple appearances)
- CBS 8 News Morning Show (multiple appearances)
- Front Page UT-TV (multiple appearances)
- Your California Life (multiple appearances)
- San Diego Connect ABC 10 News (multiple appearances)
- Cox Communications Connected Cooking Satellite Media Tour (appearing on 20+ news stations across the country)
- National Salad Month Satellite Media Tour (appearing on 20+ news stations across the country)
- Friendsgiving Satellite Media Tour (appearing on 20+ news stations across the country)
- Millennial Kitchen Satellite Media Tour (appearing on 20+ news stations across the country)
- Reimagine What You Eat Satellite Media Tour (appearing on 20+ news stations across the country)
- Grokker Thanksgiving Cooking Series
- San Diego Restaurant Web Series
- Best Sangria in San Diego Segment (UT-TV)
- Best Game Day Eats in San Diego Segment (UT-TV)
- Trending On with Lo Bosworth (The Hills) – Fitness segment featuring Pumpkin Smoothies
- Tonight in San Diego – live appearance in front of a studio audience
- Healthy Swaps Video Series with Healthy Choice
- Friendsgiving Cooking Class at You and Yours Distillery
- Smoothie Making Class at Beaming Del Mar
- Ranch and Restaurant Pop Up Dinner – 7 course beef dinner for 20+ California influencers and ranchers featuring Smoked Tri Tip and Smash Burger Sliders
- Guest lecturer SDSU Journalism Department (multiple appearances)
- Cox Communications Smart Home Live Events (multiple appearances across the country)
- TODAY Show Contributing Writer
- Member of Cabot Fit Team 2015
- Cooking Demo for Litehouse at the Natural Products Expo West
- Hosted Pop-Up Supper Club Dinners in San Diego (multiple locations)
- Cooking Light & Health Magazine Fit Foodie Ambassador 2014
- Social Studio Blog Workshop Speaker – How to Start a Blog
My professional career has been anything but typical. I started my first business at 21 years of age and learned so much from being a young entrepreneur. After a brief stint in corporate American (less than 6 months!) I went full time on the blog and have never looked back!
- 2007-2010 – Business owner at Simple Glam Girls and SG Model Management
- 2012 – 2013 – Social Media Management at IMI
- 2011 – current – Recipe developer and food blogger at WhitneyBond.com.
I’m honored to have appeared on the following national publication websites over the years.
I currently live in San Diego, California with my husband (and chief taste tester) Kurt. He’s a fellow entrepreneur, so we both work from home and enjoy spending tons of time together. In 2017 we bought a fixer-upper house and started a complete remodel. We finished the last phase of the remodel in 2022. You can see all of the before-and-after goodness of the kitchen remodel on the blog.
If I’m not cooking, eating or blogging, you’ll usually find me traveling or doing something active. I’ve been a Peloton member since 2020 and am obsessed with all of their classes. I run regularly and try to complete at least 1 or 2 competitive half marathons every year. Being in San Diego means I get to exercise outside year-round, which I love! If you’re ever looking for hike recommendations or the best running paths in San Diego, don’t hesitate to leave me a comment below, or reach out on Instagram, and I’ll send them your way!
My husband and I both love to travel. He’s been to over 50 countries, and I’m just trying to catch up! Since we met in 2015, we’ve been to 11 countries together and traveled all over the United States. We travel with our taste buds, and are always looking for the best restaurants everywhere we visit.
I’m always inspired to create new recipes when I arrive home from a trip. I even took notes on my phone as we traveled across Europe on our Honeymoon, eating our way through London, Greece and Rome. When we came home, I made recipes for Greek Zucchini Pie, Eggplant Salad and Spicy Feta Dip, that are now some of my all-time favorite recipes!
We also travel regularly to see our family that’s spread across the US, in Oklahoma, Washington DC, San Francisco and Phoenix. One of the greatest joys of my life is being “Aunt Whitney” to my 3 beautiful nieces and one sweet-as-pie nephew. I treasure all of the time I get to spend with these kiddos, and of course my favorite activity to do with the kids is cook together in the kitchen!
Thank you so much for visiting the blog and taking the time to get to know me! I would love to know more about you. Comment below with a fun fact about yourself, and if you’d like to know some fun facts about me, you can check out my original “about me” page written in 2013 with 43 fun facts about me!
If you’d like to stay in touch and be the first to know when new recipes appear on the blog, sign up for my FREE email list!