Pumpkin Toast is the fall version of Avocado Toast, it’s easy to make with a variety of toppings, from sweet to savory, perfect for breakfast or a snack!
With the first day of fall coming up on Friday, I decided it was time to find as many new ways to eat pumpkin as possible!
As the worlds biggest fan of avocado, I could not love avocado toast anymore, but during the fall and winter months when avocados are harder to find, I felt like avocado toast needed a suitable substitute and pumpkin toast is where it’s at!
Loaded with fiber, potassium and vitamin C, pumpkin is great for heart health and boosting your immune system! I topped my pumpkin toast 7 ways, some sweet, some savory, some perfect for breakfast, others great as a sweet snack and all of them perfect for serving friends and family at all of your fall and winter parties!
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 1 can (16 oz) pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
Toast the sourdough bread. In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and sea salt.
Spread each piece of toast with the pumpkin puree and add the toppings of your choice.
These are the 7 ways I topped my Pumpkin Toast:
- Apple slices & caramel sauce
- Mixed with cream cheese – whip a little softened cream cheese into the pumpkin puree before spreading it onto the toast
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Pomegranate seeds
- Dried cranberries & candied pecans
- Melted brie, sliced pears & honey – place the sliced brie on top of the pumpkin toast and place under the broiler in the oven for 2-3 minutes, or until the brie is melted. Top with the sliced pears & a drizzle of honey on top.
- Ricotta & fried sage – for a savory pumpkin toast, top with a couple of dollops of ricotta cheese, then fry a few pieces of fresh sage in olive oil in a small skillet and place on top.
The pumpkin toast topped with melted brie, sliced pears and honey was my absolute favorite! I’ll definitely be serving this as an appetizer at fall and holiday parties!
Any other ideas for how you’d top your pumpkin toast? Comment below and let me know!
Be the first to know when scrumptious new recipes are posted!
Sign up for delicious e-mail deliveries below!