Jerk Chicken Fajitas
This post may contain affiliate links.
Give your chicken fajitas a taste of the Caribbean with this tasty recipe for Jerk Chicken Fajitas, made in only 15 minutes for an easy weeknight dinner!
It’s been almost 3 months since our trip to Jamaica and I’m still dreaming of the Jerk Chicken we ate every afternoon by the pool at Couples Resorts!
After arriving home from the trip, I had about 1,564 ideas for recipes to make with Jerk Seasoning, but I decided to start with Jamaican Jerk Beef Patties and gradually work my way through the other 1,563! 😉
Well today folks, it’s time for a new Jerk seasoning recipe, Jerk Chicken Fajitas!
Kurt’s favorite food group is anything wrapped in a tortilla. (Haha! But seriously, it’s so true!) Fajitas are definitely coming in at the top of that food group, so I decided to make him Jerk Chicken Fajitas for dinner after our trip.
They turned out so scrumptious, I knew I had to make them again for the blog!
The flavor of these fajitas is beyond delicious and it’s a fun new twist on chicken fajitas made in only 20 minutes!
Jerk Chicken Fajitas Ingredients
- 4 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Paste
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into thin strips)
- ½ cup red bell pepper (julienned)
- ½ cup green bell pepper (julienned)
- 1 cup red onion (thinly sliced)
- 8 fajita tortillas (warmed)
- ½ cup honey lime dressing (click link for recipe)
Jerk Chicken Fajitas Instructions
Add 2 tbsp olive oil, lime juice, jerk seasoning and chicken to a large ziploc bag, toss to combine and set aside.
Add the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the bell peppers and onion. Saute 4-5 minutes, then add the chicken, saute 5-6 minutes, then spoon into warm tortillas.
Top with sour cream or honey lime dressing.
I personally loved the honey lime dressing drizzled on top. I served that dressing with the Jamaican Jerk Chicken & Pork Meatballs I made last summer. Yum!
Kurt preferred the fajitas with his go-to fajita topper, sour cream. You could also add avocado or green chili salsa.
Really the topping choice is up to you, it’s part of the fun of fajitas! You really can’t go wrong with any choice, except maybe chocolate sauce, that would be weird! 😉
Jerk Chicken Fajitas
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil, lime juice, jerk seasoning and chicken to a large ziploc bag, toss to combine and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the bell peppers and onion.
- Saute 4-5 minutes, then add the chicken, saute 5-6 minutes, then spoon into warm tortillas.
- Top with sour cream or honey lime dressing.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.