Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe Sliders
This post may contain affiliate links.
Homemade sloppy joe beef is slow cooked in a crock pot, then placed on Hawaiian rolls and topped with crispy onions for delicious sloppy joe sliders!
Let’s be real, growing up there wasn’t anything more fun and delicious than a Sloppy Joe!
I’ve simply taken the childhood favorite, tossed the pre-packaged “Sloppy Joe Mix” and added a little something extra to give the OG version the respect it deserves, while kicking it up a notch!
Sloppy Joe Sliders Ingredients
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 24 slider buns
- 1 cup crispy onions (optional topping)
Cook the chopped onions and bell peppers in a skillet with olive oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the ground beef and brown.
Once cooked through, drain the meat and add it to a crock pot.
Add the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper to the crock pot and stir well.
Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
This recipe could easily be doubled and still fit in the crock pot to feed a large party of guests.
It would be great for kids birthdays or Super Bowl!
Serve with slider buns, or my favorite, Hawaiian rolls and crispy onions for topping.
I wish I could lie to y’all sometimes, because admitting that I ate 6 of these yesterday is kind of embarrassing!
They were just too good to stop eating!
Preparing the meat in the crock pot makes for a quick and easy meal any night of the week!
Sloppy Joe Sliders
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet on the stove over medium high heat. Add the onion and bell peppers, cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook through.
- Once cooked through, drain any grease from the meat, then add it to a crock pot.
- Add the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper to the crock pot and stir well.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Serve on slider buns or Hawaiian rolls and top with crispy onions.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.