A toasted baguette is topped with goat cheese, balsamic roasted beets, fresh basil & balsamic reduction in this vegetarian Beet Bruschetta recipe that’s perfect for Spring!
Easter is just a couple of weeks away and as I thought about new recipes for the holiday, all I kept thinking about was making a spring version of my very popular Butternut Squash Bruschetta Recipe!
That bruschetta appetizer is a HUGE HIT around the fall holidays, so I knew I had to make a spring version for Easer. I decided to roast up beets instead of butternut squash, and toss in fresh basil instead of sage, instead of ricotta, I used goat cheese (because I love the way it pairs with beets!) but I kept the most important piece of the bruschetta in tact, the almighty balsamic reduction drizzle at the end that adds a touch of sweetness and a beautiful final presentation!
I can never deny a little balsamic drizzle drizzle!
The prep is really easy on these, it just takes a little time to roast the beets, but here’s a few tips that will help make this recipe even easier.
- You can roast the beets ahead of time, place them in the refrigerator, then just put the bruschetta together before serving. The beets can be served on the bruschetta hot or cold, both work great, I promise, I know because I ate this beet bruschetta for three days straight after making it! (It’s SO good!)
- You can purchase packaged peeled & steamed beets at the grocery store in the produce section, then just roast the beets with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper for about 12 minutes (like I did in this Caramelized Beet & Feta Cheese Salad recipe) instead of the hour it takes to roast raw beets.
No matter which of the preparation methods you choose, I promise you’re going to love how delicious, and beautiful this beet bruschetta is!
- 3 cups diced beets (red, golden or both)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 loaf french bread (sliced)
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 2 tbsp balsamic reduction
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Toss the beets with the minced garlic, 2 tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar, kosher salt and black pepper.
Place in an even layer on a baking sheet and into the oven for 1 hour, or until the beets are fork tender.
While the beets are roasting, brush the sliced bread with the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, set aside.
Once the beets come out of the oven, toss them with half of the fresh chopped basil leaves.
Place the slices of bread into the oven for 4-5 minutes, or until toasted to your liking.
Remove the bread from the oven and spread with the goat cheese, then top with the roasted beets and sprinkle the remaining fresh basil over the top.
Drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
A beautiful spring appetizer is served!
Be the first to know when scrumptious new recipes are posted!
Sign up for delicious e-mail deliveries below!
This page contains affiliate links. I only link to products I use & love!