This post may contain affiliate links.
Roasted beet hummus is a healthy and delicious snack! It’s gluten free, vegan and easy to make. Serve it with pita chips or veggies for dipping!
A few years back I watched a segment on all of the health benefits of purple foods. I then proceeded to go on a total “Purple Food Kick”.
It’s crazy how many purple foods are out there when you look, purple potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, and of course beets!
Beets are a great detoxifier for the body (in case you had a couple of drinks over the weekend!), they are a natural aphrodisiac (oh heeeey!) and they help aid in depression and boost energy levels. Now if you’re not sold on the amazingness of beets after that, then I’m not sure what’s going to convince you!
Maybe I’ll just throw in the fact that they’re filled with vitamins and nutrients, also help fight cancer and are a natural antioxidant. Seriously, they’re amazing!
Ok, now here’s the real kicker, this recipe for Beet Hummus is also amazingly delicious, like seriously scrumptious, totally tasty!
Healthy and yummy, you just can’t BEET it! Haha, yup, that just happened!
Beet Hummus Ingredients
- 3 medium beets (peeled and quartered)
- 1 tbsp + ½ cup olive oil (divided)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 (15.5 oz) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
Beet Hummus Instructions
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Place the beets in a “foil basket” with 1 tbsp of olive oil and the balsamic vinegar.
Wrap the foil around the beets and place in the oven for 45-60 minutes.
Remove from the oven, open the foil and allow the beets to cool 10-15 minutes.
Place the beets in a food processor with the garbanzo beans, tahini, garlic and lemon juice.
Drizzle the olive oil through the top of the food processor while the food processor is running.
Blend for 30-60 seconds, or until creamy.
Oh my gosh, it’s healthy, delicious AND gorgeous, this hummus just keeps getting better and better!
Serve with pita bread or veggies for dipping.
I served it with both pita bread and carrots yesterday by the pool. It was the perfect light and healthy treat for poolside snacking!
Keep it gluten free and vegan by serving it with carrots or other veggies, like bell peppers, cherry tomatoes or celery.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the beets in a “foil basket” with 1 tbsp olive oil and the balsamic vinegar.
- Wrap the foil around the beets and place in the oven for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, open the foil and allow the beets to cool 10-15 minutes.
- Place the beets in a food processor with the garbanzo beans, tahini, garlic and lemon juice.
- Drizzle the ½ cup olive oil through the top of the food processor while the food processor is on.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds, or until creamy.
- Serve with vegetables or pita bread for dipping.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.