Low Calorie Charcuterie Board
This post may contain affiliate links.
Your party guests will never guess that this charcuterie board is low calorie! Bursting with colors and flavors, learn how to make a charcuterie board that is easy to create, with a gorgeous display, that’s also healthy and gluten free!
Charcuterie boards, oh how I love thee! You’re gorgeous, easy to make and filled with a few of my favorite things, meats, cheeses, fruits, veggies and dips!
While I usually create charcuterie boards for parties or as an appetizer for dinner with friends, I’m definitely not above making a charcuterie board for two and eating it for dinner with Kurt!
Thanks to Mighty Spark for sponsoring this post!
Lately I’ve been getting back into my workout routine after a year of working on the house (check out the before and after pics here!) and I’ve been trying to eat and snack a little healthier.
Mighty Spark’s Chicken Snack Sticks are my new go-to snack on the run (because if y’all watch my Instagram stories, you know I’m always going somewhere!) They’re a low calorie, gluten free, protein snack made with whole ingredients, like cranberries, jalapenos and sweet potatoes.
In addition to being a great grab-and-go snack, they’re also perfect for adding to a low calorie charcuterie board!
Now don’t worry, low calorie doesn’t mean you have to ditch all of your charcuterie board favorites, the gangs all still here! I simply chose lower calorie cheeses and fruits, ditched bread and crackers for a bunch of bright, beautiful veggies and served healthy hummus for the dips. For the meat portion of the plate, I ditched high calorie cured sausages for Mighty Spark low calorie chicken sticks.
I served this at a dinner party last weekend and everyone “ooed and awed” over how gorgeous the board was and gobbled the entire thing up. No one had any idea they were eating a healthier, low calorie, gluten free charcuterie board!
How To Make A Low Calorie Charcuterie Board
- Cheeses: Feta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese and Goat Cheese are all great low calorie cheese options, I cut a whole block of feta into small bite-size squares, I sliced the parmesan into thin slices and I served the goat cheese with a cheese spreader to spread onto the veggies. I used a Garlic Herb Goat Cheese to add a little more flavor to the board with no extra calories!
- Meats: I served a variety of Mighty Spark Snack Sticks cut into four pieces each, the Jalapeno Honey, BBQ Sweet Potato and Sea Salt Pink Peppercorn were crowd favorites!
- Veggies: Baby carrots, celery sticks and large diced bell peppers are all low calorie veggies perfect for serving with goat cheese for spreading and hummus for dipping.
- Hummus: I served the board with garlic hummus, roasted red pepper hummus and beet hummus, this would also be a great time to try my homemade Sriracha Hummus! Pick your favorite flavors and fill 3-4 small bowls to serve on the board.
- Fruits: I chose strawberries, raspberries and blackberries for the board because each of these berries make the list of the top 10 low calorie fruits, making them perfect for this charcuterie board!
How to assemble a Charcuterie Board
I like to start by placing the bowls of hummus around the board, then building around the bowls. I generally start with the middle and work my way out, alternating veggies, fruits, hummus, meats and cheeses.
What are your must-have charcuterie board items? If you haven’t tried Mighty Spark’s Chicken Snack Sticks yet, I highly recommend adding them to your next board!
Their Cranberry and Ginger, Black Bean Chipotle and BBQ Sweet Potato flavors can be found at Sprouts and all flavors can be ordered from their website.
And like all of Mighty Spark’s products, your purchase is helping feed hungry children. For each caddy of Chicken Snack Sticks purchased, Mighty Spark will donate 3 meals to kids in need. Don’t you just love a company that creates amazing products while also doing good? I know I do!
Low Calorie Charcuterie Board
Mighty Spark Chicken Snack Sticks
- 2 sticks Jalapeno & Honey, each stick cut into 4 pieces
- 2 sticks Sea Salt & Pink Peppercorn, each stick cut into 4 pieces
- 2 sticks BBQ & Sweet Potato, each stick cut into 4 pieces
- 2 sticks Black Bean & Chipotle, each stick cut into 4 pieces
- 2 sticks Cranberry & Ginger, each stick cut into 4 pieces
- ½ cup garlic hummus
- ½ cup beet hummus
- ½ cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- Place hummus in small bowls.
- Place bowls of hummus on a large serving board.
- Arrange chicken snack sticks, vegetables, fruits and cheeses around the bowls of hummus on the serving board.
- Serve with cheese spreader for the goat cheese and small spoons for the hummus.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.