Grilled Charcuterie Board with Mini Skewers
This post may contain affiliate links.
On this Grilled Charcuterie board, we’re grilling up mini skewers of meat and veggies, then pairing them with pickled veggies, sauces, grilled, melty brie and toasty grilled baguette slices.
It’s perfect for a party or a fun Friday night at home with the family. You can make as many mini skewers as you’d like, depending on the number of people you’re serving. Mini skewers are the perfect appetizer for a large group or filling enough for a small family dinner.
Today’s post is sponsored by my friends at Dresden & Company!
When it comes to summer, I think of two things, entertaining and grilling. This delicious charcuterie board is the perfect combination of both! While 2 or 3 traditional skewers can easily be a meal, 2 or 3 mini skewers are perfect as appetizers!
The skewers can easily be prepped in advance and grilled immediately before serving the charcuterie board. With the help of a friend of family member to load up the skewers, this board comes together easily and quickly!
I used Dresden & Company spices to flavor the mini skewers. Their Herbed Spice Mix was perfect for flavoring the veggies and the Honey Pepper Spice Mix adds delicious flavor to the chicken skewers!
And of course I couldn’t build an epic charcuterie board without cheese, so I brushed a wedge of brie with Dresden & Company Cherry Apple Rosemary Glaze, wrapped it in foil and tossed it on the grill! The result was melty, flavorful brie, perfect for spreading on a slice of toasty, grilled baguette.
In addition to the creamy brie and mini skewers, you can add your favorite charcuterie board accompaniments, like fruit, sauces , crackers or pickled veggies.
I added a bowl of giardiniera, Italian pickled vegetables, which pairs perfectly with grilled meats. I also added a sweet BBQ sauce, perfect for dipping the grilled chicken into. Basil pesto, which is delicious for drizzling over the veggie skewers. And whole grain mustard, perfect for the bratwurst skewers!
Follow 9 simple steps to put together this Grilled Charcuterie for your next summer dinner party!
How to make a Grilled Charcuterie Board with Mini Skewers
- Marinate the chicken. In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil and Dresden & Company Honey Pepper Spice Mix. Measure out 1/4 cup of the marinade and set aside. Add the rest of the marinade to a large plastic bag with one pound of cubed chicken. Marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Season the veggie skewers. In a large bowl, combine large diced bell peppers, sliced zucchini, olive oil and Dresden & Company Herbed Spice mix.
- Season the tomato skewers. In another large bowl, combine cherry tomatoes with olive oil and Dresden & Company Herbed Spice mix.
- Prepare the bratwurst skewer ingredients. Slice 2-3 bratwurst sausages into 6 pieces each. Cut a red onion into large pieces.
- Prepare the skewers. Soak approximately 50 small (6″) wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before preparing the skewers. Soaking the wooden skewers will prevent them from catching fire on the grill. Add 3-4 pieces of the marinated chicken to about 15 skewers. Place sliced bratwurst and red onions on 6-9 skewers. Add three cherry tomatoes to 10-12 skewers. Add zucchini slices and bell peppers to 15 skewers.
- Prepare the brie cheese. Place a round or wedge of brie in the middle of a large piece of foil. Brush with Dresden & Company Cherry Apple Rosemary Glaze. Wrap the foil tightly around the brie.
- Slice the baguette. Slice a baguette into approximately 1/2 inch slices.
- Toss everything on the grill. Preheat a grill over medium high heat. Add the veggie and bratwurst skewers first, followed by the tomato and chicken skewers. Place the brie in the foil on the top rack of the grill. Brush the reserved 1/4 cup chicken marinade over the chicken skewers. Lastly, add the baguette slices to the grill. Follow the chart below for cooking times. The brie should be removed first, along with the baguette slices, followed shortly after by the chicken and tomato skewers, then the bratwurst and veggie skewers. As you remove the skewers and place them on the charcuterie board, you can cover them with a large piece of foil to keep them warm until all of the skewers are finished on the grill.
- Baguette slices should be grilled for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Brie should be grilled for 5-7 minutes.
- Chicken skewers should grill for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Tomato skewers should grill for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Bratwurst skewers should grill for 7-8 minutes per side.
- Veggie skewers should grill for 7-8 minutes per side.
- Organize the charcuterie board. Place the mini skewers around the charcuterie board. Add any accompaniments you’d like around the skewers and place the grilled baguette slices in the middle of the board. Serve the brie out of the foil. I added an extra bowl of Dresden & Company Cherry Apple Rosemary Glaze on the side for drizzling over the warm, melty brie, because they’re so delicious together!
I served the mini skewers, sauces, grilled baguette slices and giardiniera on Dresden and Company’s Charcuterie Platter. I served the grilled brie, additional baguette slices and ramekin of Cherry Apple Rosemary Glaze on Dresden & Company’s Charcuterie Plate.
The Hometown Helper Basket from Dresden & Company is perfect for filling up with napkins and utensils to accompany this charcuterie board at a backyard picnic.
Also pictured in this post, Dresden & Company’s Coupe Plates and Bowls. Perfect for prepping the ingredients for this charcuterie board and for every day use. Their pottery is all made in America and heavy duty! The vitrified construction means it’s strong enough to handle the rigors of daily use while being microwave, dishwasher and oven safe.
Load up your Grilled Charcuterie Board with even more awesome skewer recipes!
Any of these 5 popular skewer recipes can easily be made into mini skewers and added to this board.
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Skewers
- Chimichurri Shrimp Skewers
- Tomato Basil Chicken Skewers
- Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
- Rosemary Sage Pork Skewers
Grilled Charcuterie Board with Mini Skewers
Honey Pepper Chicken Skewers
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Dresden & Company Honey Pepper Spice Mix
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into cubes
Herbed Veggie Skewers
- 1 cup bell pepper, large dice
- 1 lb zucchini, ½ inch slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Dresden & Company Herbed Spice Mix
Herbed Tomato Skewers
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Dresden & Company Herbed Spice Mix
- ½ lb bratwurst sausages, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup red onion, large dice
Cherry Apple Rosemary Glazed Brie
- 8 oz brie cheese, wedge or round
- 1 tbsp Dresden & Company Cherry Apple Rosemary Glaze
- 1 baguette, sliced into ½ inch slices
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- 1 cup giardiniera, pickled veggies
- Soak 50 small (approximately 6 inch) skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Combine the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil and honey pepper spice mix for the chicken skewers in a small bowl.
- Measure out ¼ cup of the marinade and set aside for later use.
- Add the chicken and the remaining marinade to a large plastic bag and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the bell pepper, zucchini, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 teaspoons herbed spice mix for the veggie skewers.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil and ½ teaspoon herbed spice mix for the tomato skewers.
- Add 3-4 pieces of chicken to 15 skewers.
- Add 2 pieces of bratwurst and 3 pieces of onion to 6-9 skewers.
- Add 2 slices of zucchini and 4 pieces of bell peppers to 15 skewers.
- Add 3 cherry tomatoes to 10-12 skewers.
- Place a round or wedge of brie in the middle of a large piece of foil.
- Brush with the cherry apple rosemary glaze, wrap the foil tightly around the brie.
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat.
- Add all of the skewers to the grill.
- Brush the reserved 1/4 cup chicken marinade over the chicken skewers.
- Grill the chicken and tomato skewers for 3-4 minutes per side, the bratwurst and veggie skewers for 7-8 minutes per side.
- Add the brie, wrapped in foil, to the upper rack of the grill for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the baguette slices to the grill, grill for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove everything from the grill and place on a charcuterie board with small bowls of basil pesto, bbq sauce and whole grain mustard for dipping the skewers.
- Serve a bowl of giardiniera on the side, or on the platter.
- The skewers can be made up to 4 hours in advance and stored, covered in the refrigerator, before grilling.
- Omit the grilled baguette and substitute the soy sauce in the chicken marinade with tamari to create a gluten free grilled charcuterie board.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.