Chimichurri Shrimp Skewers
This post may contain affiliate links.
With just 3 ingredients in 29 minutes, you can toss together these flavorful Chimichurri Shrimp Skewers! They’re so easy to make, gluten free and dairy free!
Last week on Instagram, I declared that chimichurri was “the official sauce of summer 2018” and I’m sticking with it! Ever since I shared this easy 5 minute Chimichurri Sauce recipe earlier this summer, I’ve been receiving tons of Instagram messages from people letting me know that they’re as obsessed with this sauce as I am!
It’s so flavorful, so easy to make and you can toss it in a mason jar in the fridge to add to Grilled Chicken Zoodle Bowls, Grilled Veggie Tacos or Shrimp Skewers throughout the week!
Chimichurri Shrimp Skewers
To make these shrimp skewers, just mix up fresh parsley, oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes, red wine vinegar and olive oil to make the chimichurri sauce, then add some of the chimichurri sauce to a large plastic bag with lime juice and shrimp. Let the shrimp marinade for 15 minutes and while it’s marinating, pre-heat a grill to medium.
Place the shrimp on skewers, if using wooden skewers, soak them in water before you begin making the recipe. Grill the shrimp skewers, remove them from the grill, then brush with more chimichurri sauce to finish off the dish.
Can I marinate shrimp overnight?
If the shrimp marinade contains an acid, such as lemon, orange or lime juice, you should not marinate the shrimp overnight. The shrimp should only marinate for less than 30 minutes so that the acid doesn’t break down the delicate shrimp meat.
How long do you cook shrimp on a skewer?
Shrimp on a skewer should be cooked on a grill over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side.
What goes well with shrimp skewers?
Rice, quinoa or risotto are all perfect for pairing with grilled shrimp skewers and easy to make on the side! These are a few of my favorite recipes to serve with shrimp skewers:
- Cilantro Lime Pesto Risotto
- Quinoa Caprese Salad
- Mexican Rice
- Quinoa Corn Salad with Avocado Dressing
You can also add the chimichurri shrimp to a salad or serve them in tortillas for delicious fish tacos!
Looking for more great shrimp recipes? Try these 5 favorites!
- Red Curry Shrimp
- Chili Lime Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Shrimp Bruschetta Zoodle Bowls
- Buffalo Shrimp Tacos
- Easy Italian Shrimp & Polenta
Tools used to make these Chimichurri Shrimp Skewers:
- Wooden Skewers or Metal Skewers
- Outdoor Grill – for summer grilling
- Indoor Grill – for off-season grilling
- Large Ziploc Bag – for marinating shrimp
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for Chimichurri Shrimp Skewers for later and when you make them, be sure to share a pic on Instagram and tag me @WhitneyBond or use the hashtag #WBRecipes!
Grilled Chimichurri Shrimp Skewers
- ½ cup chimichurri sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 20 large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- Add ¼ cup of chimichurri sauce, lime juice and shrimp to a large plastic bag, seal and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium.
- Remove the shrimp from the chimichurri marinade and skewer 5 shrimp per skewer.
- Grill the shrimp skewers for 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill and brush with the additional ¼ cup chimichurri sauce.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.