Chimichurri chicken is marinated in an easy, homemade chimichurri sauce, grilled to perfection, then served over zucchini noodles with cherry tomatoes. This flavorful, gluten free & dairy free recipe is perfect for dinner or meal prep!
With over 4.5 million views and 111,000 shares on Facebook, it’s easy to say that people love this recipe for Bruschetta Grilled Chicken Zoodle Bowls! And if you love that recipe, you’re also going to love this recipe for Chimichurri Chicken Zoodle Bowls! They’re healthy, gluten free and Whole 30 approved!
Earlier this month, I shared an authentic Chimichurri Sauce recipe that’s easily made in just 5 minutes! Now, I’m sharing some of my favorite ways to use the sauce in recipes throughout the week, like these Chimichurri Veggie Tacos and this Chimichurri Chicken Zoodle Bowl recipe.
Grilled Chimichurri Chicken Zoodle Bowls
To make these chimichurri chicken zoodle bowls, simply marinate the chicken in chimichurri sauce for 1-8 hours, then grill the chicken for 20-25 minutes, along with a handful of cherry tomatoes. Use a spiralizer to make the zucchini noodles, then saute the zucchini noodles in olive oil. Divide the zucchini noodles between two bowls, then top with the chimichurri chicken, cherry tomatoes and additional chimichurri sauce.
What is chimichurri marinade?
Chimichurri marinade is the same as chimichurri sauce and is made by combining fresh parsley, oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar and olive oil.
Is chimichurri spicy?
Chimichurri sauce is just slightly spicy. The red pepper flakes in the sauce can be reduced or left out of the recipe to omit the spice from the sauce.
What to serve with chimichurri chicken?
Keep this chimichurri chicken recipe light, healthy & Whole 30 approved by serving it with zucchini noodles and cherry tomatoes, or mix things up and serve this Crispy Goat Cheese Avocado Salad, Quinoa Corn Salad or these Grilled Vegetable Skewers on the side.
Crazy for zoodles? Try these other delicious zucchini noodle recipes!
- Balsamic Salmon Zoodle Bowls
- Greek Chicken Zoodle Bowls
- Pesto Salmon with Zucchini Noodles
- Bruschetta Shrimp Zoodle Bowls
Tools used to make these Chimichurri Chicken Zoodle Bowls:
- Spiralizer – to make zucchini noodles
- Outdoor Grill – for summer grilling
- Indoor Grill – for off-season grilling
- Non-Stick Heavy Duty Foil or Grill Basket – for grilling cherry tomatoes
- Large Ziploc Bag – for marinating chicken
Chimichurri Chicken Zoodle Bowls
- ½ cup chimichurri sauce click link for homemade recipe
- 2 chicken breasts app 1 lb
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large zucchinis spiralized into app. 4 cups zoodles
Add the chicken and ¼ cup of chimichurri sauce to a large plastic bag and toss to coat. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for up to 8 hours. I would recommend at least an hour.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a grill over medium heat for 10-12 minutes per side.
During the last 10 minutes of grilling the chicken, toss the cherry tomatoes on the grill in a grill basket or foil basket.
- While the chicken and tomatoes are grilling, add the olive oil to a large skillet on the stove over medium heat, add the zucchini noodles and saute 3-5 minutes.
- Divide the zucchini noodles between two bowls. Once the chicken is grilled, slice it up and place on top of the zoodles with the cherry tomatoes. Drizzle the remaining ¼ cup of chimichurri sauce over the bowls.