Greek Chicken Zoodle Bowls
This post may contain affiliate links.
Marinated & grilled Greek Chicken is served on a bowl of zucchini noodles, topped with cucumber tomato salsa for a healthy, gluten free meal made in under 30 minutes!
Oh hey everyone, happy Thursday!
I recently made the Greek Tacos on my web series, 29 Minute Meals and remembered how much I LOVE the tomato cucumber salsa that goes on top!
I decided to come home and create a new recipe featuring that salsa and now we have Greek Chicken Zoodle Bowls!
I gave the greek chicken a quick marinade while preparing the salsa, then while the chicken was grilling, I spiralized and sautéed the zoodles, and the whole recipe came together in under 30 minutes! Winning!
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 3 tsp dried oregano (divided)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (divided)
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp kosher salt (divided)
- 1 ½ tsp black pepper (divided)
- 4 chicken breasts (app 2 lbs – boneless, skinless)
- ½ cup red onion (diced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 cup cucumber (diced)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 large zucchinis (spiralized into app. 4 cups zoodles)
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles – optional
- 1 tbsp fresh mint (chopped)
- 1 lemon (sliced into 4 wedges)
In a large bowl, whisk together ¼ cup olive oil, 4 crushed garlic cloves, 2 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp lemon zest, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tsp parsley, ½ tsp kosher salt & 1 tsp black pepper.
Add the chicken breasts, toss to coat and place in the refrigerator.
In the meantime, combine the onion, cherry tomatoes and cucumber in another large bowl.
In a small bowl whisk 1 tbsp olive oil with the red wine vinegar and remaining 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp oregano, ½ tsp black pepper and ½ tsp kosher salt. Pour this mixture over the diced tomato cucumber and onion, toss to combine.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a grill* over medium heat for 10-12 minutes per side.
While the chicken is grilling, spiralize the zucchini noodles with a spiralizer, then add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet and add the zucchini noodles. Saute 3-5 minutes.
Divide the zucchini noodles between four bowls.
Once the chicken is grilled, slice it up and place on top of the zoodles.
Spoon the tomato cucumber salad over the greek chicken and zoodles. Optionally sprinkle feta cheese and fresh mint over the bowls. Serve each bowl with a lemon wedge to squeeze over the bowl.
Optionally top with a dollop of hummus or spicy feta dip.
Just like that, you’ve got a lean, healthy and gluten free lunch or dinner!
This is also a great recipe to meal-prep. Divide into four storage containers and place in the refrigerator, then you’ll have four delicious meals prepped for the week!
More zoodle recipes
If you’re looking for more easy zoodles recipes, you have to check out my five favorites!
- Bruschetta Grilled Chicken Zoodle Bowls
- Pesto Baked Salmon with Zoodles
- Roasted Red Pepper Turkey Bolognese & Zoodles
- Vegan Pad Thai with Zoodles
- Balsamic Salmon with Zoodles
Greek Chicken Zoodle Bowls
Cucumber Tomato Salsa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large zucchinis, spiralized into app. 4 cups zoodles
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced into 4 wedges
- In a large bowl, prepare the marinade for the chicken by combining the olive oil, crushed garlic, dried oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, kosher salt & black pepper.
- Add the chicken breasts, toss to coat and place in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the tomato cucumber salsa by combining the onion, cherry tomatoes and cucumber in another large bowl.
- In a small bowl, prepare the salsa dressing by whisking together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, black pepper and kosher salt.
- Pour this mixture over the diced tomato, cucumber and onion, toss to combine.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a grill or grill pan over medium heat for 10-12 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is grilling, spiralize the zucchini noodles with a spiralizer, then add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet and add the zucchini noodles, saute 3-5 minutes.
- Divide the zucchini noodles between four bowls.
- Once the chicken is grilled, slice it up and place on top of the zoodles.
- Spoon the tomato cucumber salad over the chicken and zoodles.
- Optionally sprinkle feta cheese and fresh mint over the bowls.
- Serve each bowl with a lemon wedge to squeeze over the bowl.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.