Vegan Tacos with Grilled Veggies & Chimichurri
This post may contain affiliate links.
Vegan tacos are filled with grilled potatoes, peppers and corn, then topped with a flavorful chimichurri sauce. They’re easy to make in just 29 minutes and so delicious!
Last week, when I posted this easy 5 minute Chimichurri Sauce recipe, I mentioned some of the delicious dishes I added the sauce to, like Chimichurri Grilled Chicken Zoodle Bowls, Chimichurri Grilled Shrimp Skewers and Chimichurri Vegan Tacos.
Today, I’m so excited to share the recipe for Vegan Tacos, which I’ve been gobbling up with spoonfuls of chimichurri sauce on top!
Vegan Tacos with Grilled Veggies and Chimichurri Sauce
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make! Start by whipping up the chimichurri sauce, if you don’t already have some on hand. Next, add the veggies to a foil basket and place on the grill over medium heat for 20 minutes, tossing 3-4 times throughout the grilling process.
Grill the tortillas for 30-60 seconds, then pile the grilled veggies and chimichurri sauce in the tortillas. You can then add toppings like fresh avocado or guacamole and diced tomatoes or pico de gallo.
What vegetables do you put in tacos?
For these vegan tacos, I put potatoes, bell peppers, onion, corn and jalapenos in the tacos. Other vegetables commonly found in vegetarian tacos are zucchini, mushrooms and cauliflower.
How do I make vegetarian tacos?
Vegetarian tacos are easy to make. Simply create the filling for the tacos, which can include beans, like black beans or chickpeas, vegetables, like those mentioned above, meat substitutes, like tofu or soyrizo, or fruit, like Butternut Squash, Cactus or Avocado.
Add your choice of vegetarian fillings to crispy taco shells or soft tortillas, with your choice of toppings like cheese or sour cream (if you’re not vegan) or other vegetables like lettuce, tomatoes and onion.
Are Vegan Tacos healthy?
This recipe for vegan tacos is low in fat and calories and high in vitamins, making it a healthy choice to add to a balanced diet.
How do you grill veggies?
When the veggies are diced small, like in this recipe, you’ll want to add them to a grill basket or foil basket, made with heavy-duty non-stick foil, so that they don’t fall through the grill grates.
Veggies should be grilled over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, depending on the type of vegetables. Potatoes will need to grill on the longer side to become fork tender before eating.
Looking for more great vegan recipes? Check out these 5 favorites!
- Veggie Fajita Rice Bowls
- Thai Peanut Sweet Potato Buddha Bowls
- Buffalo Chickpea Vegan Buddha Bowls
- Kimchi Fried Rice
- Slow Cooker Mushroom Ragu
Tools Used To Make This Vegan Taco Recipe
- Outdoor Grill – for summer grilling
- Indoor Grill – for off-season grilling
- Non-Stick Heavy Duty Foil or Grill Basket
Don’t forget to pin this Vegan Taco recipe for later and when you make it, be sure to share a pic on Instagram and tag me @WhitneyBond or use the hashtag #WBRecipes!
Vegan Tacos with Grilled Veggies and Chimichurri
- 1 lb red potatoes, small dice
- 1 cup bell peppers, small dice
- ½ cup onion, small dice
- 4 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chimichurri sauce, click link for homemade recipe
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Toss the potatoes, bell peppers, onion, corn, jalapeno and garlic with ¼ cup of chimichurri sauce.
- Place in a foil basket on the grill over medium high heat for 20 minutes, tossing every 5-7 minutes.
- Before removing the veggies from the grill, place the corn tortillas on the grill for 30-60 seconds per side.
- Remove everything from the grill. Place the veggies in the tortillas, then drizzle with the remaining chimichurri sauce.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.