Pico De Gallo
This post may contain affiliate links.
This easy, authentic recipe for homemade Pico De Gallo is healthy, vegan, gluten free & whole30 compliant. It’s delicious on grilled chicken, tacos & nachos!
After growing up in Oklahoma, then moving to San Diego, my cooking has a heavy influence of Tex Mex and Mexican food.
Pico de gallo is made with 6 simple ingredients for a fresh and easy side dish that pairs perfectly with any Mexican recipe!
Table of contents
How do you make it?
Authentic pico de gallo is made by combining fresh roma tomatoes, diced white onions, serrano chilies, fresh cilantro, sea salt and fresh squeezed lime juice.
How long will it last in the refrigerator?
Stored in an airtight container, it will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Is it good for you?
This recipe contains no fat, only 28 calories per serving and provides 17% daily value of vitamin A and 22% daily value of vitamin C, making it a good-for-you option to serve with Mexican recipes.
Ways to use it
Pico de gallo is a great topping for tacos, burritos or nachos. It’s also great for serving with chips for dipping. Try it with these Mexican recipe favorites!
- The Ultimate Pulled Pork Nachos
- Mexican Vegan Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowls
- Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa Tacos
- Crock Pot Chicken Nachos
- Chipotle Lime Carne Asada Tacos
- Easy Taco Ring
- Whole30 Turkey Taco Salad
- Chicken Fajita Grilled Burritos
- Veggie Fajita Rice Bowls
- Slow Cooker Carnitas Tostadas
- Kurt’s Famous Chilaquiles
- Carne Asada Bowl
Made it and loved it? Rate the recipe 5 stars below! ↓
Pico De Gallo
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 1 serrano chili, seeded & minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.