This easy, authentic recipe for homemade Pico De Gallo is healthy, vegan, gluten free & whole30 compliant. It’s delicious on grilled chicken, tacos & nachos!
After growing up in Oklahoma, then moving to San Diego, my cooking has a heavy influence of Tex Mex and Mexican food.
Pico de gallo is made with 6 simple ingredients for a fresh and easy side dish that pairs perfectly with any Mexican recipe!
How do you make authentic pico de gallo?
Authentic pico de gallo is made by combining fresh roma tomatoes, diced white onions, serrano chilies, fresh cilantro, sea salt and fresh squeezed lime juice.
How long will pico de gallo last?
Stored in an airtight container, it will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Is pico de gallo good for you?
This recipe contains no fat, only 28 calories per serving and provides 17% daily value of vitamin A and 22% daily value of vitamin C, making it a good-for-you option to serve with Mexican recipes.
What is pico de gallo used for?
Pico de gallo is a great topping for tacos, burritos or nachos. It’s also great for serving with chips for dipping. Try it with these Mexican recipe favorites!
- The Ultimate Pulled Pork Nachos
- Mexican Vegan Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowls
- Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa Tacos
- Crock Pot Chicken Nachos
- Chipotle Lime Carne Asada Tacos
- Easy Taco Ring
- Whole30 Turkey Taco Salad
- Chicken Fajita Grilled Burritos
- Veggie Fajita Rice Bowls
- Slow Cooker Carnitas Tostadas
Made it and loved it? Rate the recipe 5 stars below! ↓
Pico De Gallo
- 6 roma tomatoes diced
- ½ cup white onion diced
- 1 serrano chili seeded & minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.