Taco seasoned ground turkey cooked with peppers, onions and tomatoes tops this gluten free, dairy free, Whole30 taco salad recipe, made in just 20 minutes!
Today’s post is sponsored by my friends at Jennie-O & their delicious ground turkey!
I’m midway through “Whole30 March” and I’m so excited to share a new recipe that’s not only perfect for the Whole30 diet, it’s also going to become a regular weekly menu favorite!
I’m all about the easy recipes made in 29 minutes or less! I also live in Southern California, so I’m all about that taco life. This recipe combines both a quick and easy recipe and my love of tacos!
Jennie-O ground turkey is a refrigerator staple at my house. So many of my weeknight recipe favorites include Jennie-O ground turkey.
For this recipe to be Whole30, you’ll want to find a Whole30 approved hot sauce. Cholula and Tabasco do not contain sugar, or other ingredients not allowed on the Whole30 diet. If you’re not on the Whole30 diet, feel free to use your favorite hot sauce brand!
For the taco seasoning, I always make my own at home so I know exactly what’s in it! I always make a double or triple batch and keep it in a mason jar in my pantry!
For more Whole 30 recipes, tune in the rest of “Whole 30 March” and check out some favorites already on the blog. Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers, Balsamic Salmon Zoodle Bowls, Whole30 Eggplant Roll Ups and Mushroom Spinach Chicken are all excellent Whole30 options!
Whole30 Turkey Taco Salad
Taco seasoned ground turkey cooked with peppers, onions and tomatoes, tops this gluten free, dairy free, Whole30 taco salad recipe, made in just 20 minutes!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ¼ cups diced onion divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 lb Jennie-O Ground Turkey
- 2 tbsp homemade taco seasoning click link for recipe
- 2 tbsp hot sauce divided
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime sliced into wedges
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 1 cup diced onion, garlic and jalapeno, saute 3-5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and cook through.
- Add the taco seasoning, 1 tbsp hot sauce and diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile divide the lettuce between four bowls.
- Top with the taco turkey, tomatoes, 1 tbsp remaining hot sauce, ¼ cup remaining diced onion, avocado and cilantro.
- Serve with a lime wedge for juicing over the salad.