You definitely want to add these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers to your list of Whole 30 Recipes! They’re healthy, gluten free, dairy free and delicious!
It’s the 1st of March and also the first day of “Whole 30 March” on the blog!
I decided to share a month of Whole 30 recipes for a few reasons. I wanted to create new healthy recipes both for the blog and for my weekly menu. There have been several friends and followers that have requested Whole 30 recipes on the blog. And I realized that you could have buffalo sauce (certain brands, of course!) while eating Whole30 and then I was in!
I’ve never been a “diet” person but I do believe in balancing healthy eating along with indulgent eats for a well rounded diet that let’s you enjoy the foods you love, along with making sure you eat your peas and carrots! 😉
The Whole 30 recipes I’ll be sharing this month are not just for those on the Whole30 diet. These recipes, like Balsamic Salmon Zoodle Bowls, Turkey Taco Salad and Chipotle Chili Sweet Potatoes, are perfect for those with gluten or dairy allergies or sensitivities as they’re all gluten free and dairy free. They’re also for those of us (like me!) looking for recipes that are healthy but also incredibly flavorful and delicious.
I spent a lot of time developing recipes that fit within Whole30 compliance, but also seriously taste great, so you’ll never feel like you’re missing out on a really great homemade meal when you make these recipes!
Of course, I’m sure it’s no surprise to friends of the blog that my first recipe features buffalo chicken!
Tabasco Buffalo Sauce contains Red Cayenne Pepper, Distilled Vinegar, Water, Salt and Garlic, making it totally Whole30 approved, yay!
I mixed in some of my other favorite spices and veggies to the buffalo sauce ground chicken breasts to make a totally flavorful dish!
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
To make these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers saute onions, carrots, celery, jalapenos and garlic together, add the ground chicken and cook through. Add buffalo sauce, diced tomatoes with green chilies, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper, simmer for 5-10 minutes, then stuff in bell pepper halves, drizzle with more buffalo sauce and bake for 20 minutes.
This recipe makes 14 stuffed half peppers and 3-4 is plenty for a meal so you can easily prep them all and bake half for dinner one night, if you’re cooking for two, then refrigerate the other half and bake them for another meal later in the week.
You could also double the recipe and refrigerate or freeze extra for easy meal prep!
I definitely gave these babies an extra drizzle of buffalo sauce before digging into them, because I have been called the “Queen of Buffalo Sauce” and I must live up to my name! 😉
Whole 30 Recipes
Be sure to check in all month for new Whole 30 recipes throughout March! And if you’re looking for a few more to try right now, these 12 delicious recipes are Whole30 compliant!
- Lemon Herb Salmon
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Skewers
- Italian Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Rosemary Steak Skewers
- Italian Flank Steak with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Tomato Basil Chicken Skewers
- Cranberry Brussels Sprouts Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Grilled Cajun Chicken with Bell Pepper Cajun Slaw
- Instant Pot Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Sesame Scallion Burgers
- Turkey Taco Salad
- Mushroom Spinach Chicken
Tools & pantry items used to make Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers:
- Large Skillet
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- Tabasco Buffalo Sauce – Whole30 Approved
- Olive Oil
- Chili Powder
Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Ground chicken, spices, veggies and buffalo sauce are baked in bell peppers for a healthy recipe that's gluten free, dairy free and Whole30 compliant!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- 10 oz diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 7 bell peppers
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the diced onion, carrots, celery, jalapeno and garlic, saute 4-5 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken and cook through.
- Add the ½ cup buffalo sauce, diced tomatoes with green chilies, chili powder, cumin, paprika, black pepper and kosher salt.
- Stir to combine, reduce heat and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Slice the bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membranes.
- Spoon the buffalo chicken mixture into the bell pepper halves and place in a baking dish.
- Drizzle with the remaining 2 tbsp buffalo sauce and place in the oven for 20 minutes.