This post may contain affiliate links.
The most delicious balsamic baked salmon is topped with fresh tomato basil bruschetta in this easy recipe, made in just 29 minutes! This Bruschetta Salmon is healthy, gluten free, low carb and whole30 compliant!
OMG, I can’t get enough of this Tomato Basil Bruschetta! What started as a delicious Italian appetizer, served on a toasted baguette, has transformed into an entire category of recipes on the blog. This category includes some of the most popular recipes I’ve ever made!
- Bruschetta Grilled Chicken Zoodle Bowls
- Bruschetta Baked Brie
- Shrimp Bruschetta Zoodle Bowls
- Bruschetta Chicken Parmesan
- Instant Pot Beef with Tomato Basil Bruschetta
Tomato Basil Bruschetta is fresh, light and flavorful. It’s a seriously delicious topping for so many dishes. I love to make a big bowl of it over the weekend and use it to top recipes throughout the week!
It’s hard to get Kurt excited about seafood recipes. After I made this baked salmon recipe, he said that he would gladly eat it every week. I’d definitely say that’s a win in my book! Since it only takes 29 minutes to make, this is the perfect healthy weeknight meal!
How to make Bruschetta Baked Salmon
- Prepare a balsamic glaze for the salmon. Heat olive oil in a small pot on the stove over medium high heat. Add minced garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and simmer on the stove for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in fresh basil.
- Bake the salmon. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place two 6 oz pieces of salmon skin side down on a parchment paper or foil lined rimmed baking sheet. The parchment paper or foil is just there for easy clean-up, not required by any means! Pour the balsamic glaze over the salmon. Place the salmon in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Make the tomato basil bruschetta. In a mixing bowl, combine diced roma tomatoes, red onion and garlic. Add fresh chopped basil, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir everything together.
- Plate the dish. When the salmon comes out of the oven, place each salmon fillet on a separate plate. Top with the tomato basil bruschetta mixture and serve immediately.
Is Bruschetta Baked Salmon healthy?
Bruschetta salmon is a healthy dish to incorporate into your diet. Salmon has a ton of health benefits. It’s one of the best sources of Omega 3 fatty acids and a great source of protein and B Vitamins.
Tomatoes are a major source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits. They’re also a good source of Vitamin C and potassium.
In addition to providing many healthy benefits, this dish is gluten free, low carb and whole30 compliant.
Is it keto?
This recipe contains 12 carbs per serving, making it a great option for those on the keto diet.
Can I add vegetables to this recipe?
Absolutely! I baked Garlic Parmesan Broccolini on the side, but other vegetables would also work. Broccoli and cauliflower florets, or chopped summer squash and zucchini are great options.
Either place the vegetables around the salmon on the same baking sheet or on a separate baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven with the salmon at 400°F for 15 minutes.
They’ll bake right alongside the salmon in the same time, so you’ll have a complete meal made in just 29 minutes!
Looking to add more Omega 3’s in your life? Try these other delicious salmon recipes!
- Whole30 Balsamic Salmon Zoodle Bowls
- Chipotle Honey Glazed Salmon Tacos
- Cinnamon Chipotle Baked Salmon
- Pesto Baked Salmon
- Blood Orange Baked Salmon with Carrots
Bruschetta Baked Salmon
Balsamic Baked Salmon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 12 oz salmon, two 6 oz pieces
Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Balsamic Baked Salmon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a small pot on the stove over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on the stove for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the fresh basil.
- Place the salmon on a foil lined baking sheet and cover with the balsamic sauce.
- Place the salmon in the oven for 15 minutes.
Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- While the salmon is in the oven, prepare the bruschetta.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- When the salmon comes out of the oven, top with the bruschetta and serve immediately.
- Add vegetables! Feel free to add broccoli or cauliflower florets, or chopped summer squash or zucchini, around the salmon or on a separate baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and top with salt and pepper. These vegetables will bake in the same time at the same temperature as the salmon.
- Foil lining or lining the baking sheet with parchment paper is optional. It simply makes for an easier clean-up, which I love!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.