Bruschetta Chicken Parmesan
This post may contain affiliate links.
Made in one pot, in 29 minutes, this fresh and flavorful Bruschetta Chicken Parmesan recipe is a delicious, quick and easy dinner dish!
When it comes to comfort food, I think of recipes I grew up with in Oklahoma, biscuits and gravy, mac and cheese and my Dad’s fried chicken. Now that I’m living a healthier lifestyle in California, I’ve had to redefine comfort food.
New comfort food to me is incorporating some of the aspects of the old comfort food favs in new, healthier, yet still totally delicious, ways!
For example, using spaghetti squash instead of pasta in Mac & Cheese, like in this recipe for Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Spaghetti Squash, or going the other direction and using butternut squash to make the sauce in Mac & Cheese creamier with the use of less cheese, like I did in this recipe for Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese.
One of my favorite ways to make fried chicken into a new comfort food dish that my family will still love, but in a lighter, fresher and healthier way, is by lightly breading and pan frying the chicken in olive oil, instead of deep frying it in vegetable oil.
For this recipe, I did just that! The chicken is lightly coated in a breadcrumb herb crust, cooked in olive oil, then topped with a generous portion of fresh, flavorful tomato basil bruschetta!
Bruschetta Chicken Parmesan Ingredients
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- ¼ cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups fresh tomato basil bruschetta (click link for recipe)
Bruschetta Chicken Parmesan Instructions
Slice the chicken breasts in half through the middle. Mix the oregano, thyme, basil, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and parmesan together in a large shallow bowl or large rimmed plate.
Drag the chicken through the breadcrumb mixture.
Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
When hot, add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes per side.
Place the sliced mozzarella over the chicken breasts. Cover the chicken with the bruschetta.
Cover the skillet and continue to cook on low for 10 minutes.
This Bruschetta Chicken Parmesan is perfect served with a side of pasta, but for an even healthier twist on the dish, and a great way to incorporate more veggies into your diet, serve the chicken with a side of zucchini noodles.
Bruschetta Chicken Parmesan
- Slice the chicken breasts in half through the middle.
- Mix the oregano, thyme, basil, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and parmesan together in a large shallow bowl or large rimmed plate.
- Drag the chicken through the breadcrumb mixture.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Place the sliced mozzarella over the chicken breasts.
- Cover the chicken with the bruschetta.
- Cover the skillet and continue to cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Serve with pasta or zucchini noodles.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.