Homemade Italian seasoning is an easy recipe to mix up for chicken marinades, seasoning veggies & adding to pasta sauces. It’s whole 30, vegan & gluten free!
I’ve been making my own Taco Seasoning for years, but lately I’ve started filling my pantry with all of my favorite seasoning blends.
The Pumpkin Pie Spice is a wonderful addition to this Apple Crumble recipe. And Italian seasoning is great for adding to pasta sauces, roasted veggies and lots of authentic Italian recipes.
How do you make dry Italian seasoning?
Italian Seasoning is made by combining dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme, minced garlic, minced onions, red pepper flakes and dried rosemary.
How long does Italian seasoning last?
The seasoning will last 2-3 years stored in a half pint mason jar in the pantry.
What is Italian seasoning used for?
Italian seasoning can be used in traditional Italian recipes like pizza sauce, marinara sauce, meatballs and lasagna. It can also be used to marinate chicken or toss it with veggies for roasting.
Check out this list of 10 delicious recipes to use it in, plus how much to use in each recipe!
- One Pot Italian Sausage Shells & Cheese – 1 tbsp seasoning
- Italian Drunken Noodles – 1 tbsp seasoning
- Italian Flank Steak with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp seasoning
- Three Cheese Manicotti with Italian Sausage Marinara – 4 tsp seasoning
- Buffalo Cheesy Pizza Bread – 1/2 tsp seasoning
- Three Cheese Baked Ziti – 1 tsp seasoning
- One Pot Mushroom Sausage Lasagna – 2 tbsp seasoning
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Goat Cheese & Pesto – 2 tsp seasoning
- Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs with Marinara – 6 tsp seasoning
- Italian Meatloaf – 4 tbsp seasoning
How do you make Italian seasoned breadcrumbs?
To make Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, add 3 tsp Italian seasoning to 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
Italian seasoned breadcrumbs are great for using in recipes like chicken or eggplant parmesan, meatballs or meatloaf.
Made it and loved it? Rate the recipe 5 stars below! ↓
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried minced onions
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Combine everything in a small bowl or mason jar.