Three Cheese Baked Ziti
This post may contain affiliate links.
Three cheese baked ziti with ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan is an easy 6 ingredient, 29 minute meal that is sure to become a weeknight dinner family favorite!
This three cheese baked ziti recipe was inspired by my favorite pizza at Jimmy and Joe’s Pizzeria in Phoenix. I always order it topped with dollops of ricotta cheese and it adds this amazing layer of creaminess to the pizza.
I’ve recreated that ricotta magic on these Garlic Bread Nachos and now on top of this baked ziti recipe!
Three Cheese Baked Ziti with Ricotta
To make this baked ziti vegetarian recipe, just toss cooked ziti pasta with your favorite spaghetti sauce, then top it with mozzarella, parmesan, ricotta cheese & a sprinkle of Italian seasoning. Pop it in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
If you can’t find ziti noodles at your grocery store, penne pasta is a great second option.
If you want to add meat to the dish, toss cooked and crumbled Italian seasoned ground beef or Italian sausage to the pasta and sauce, then top with the cheese and bake as instructed.
Do you need to cover baked ziti?
For this recipe, I do not cover the baked ziti, so that the three cheeses are under the direct heat and melt nicely over the dish in just 15 minutes.
How do you reheat baked ziti?
When reheating the baked ziti I do cover the dish with foil and pop it back into a 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes. This should reheat the dish throughout without drying it out.
Can baked ziti be prepared ahead of time?
Absolutely! Cook the noodles, toss them with the sauce in a casserole dish, sprinkle the cheese on top, cover with foil and place into the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Because the dish will be cold coming straight from the fridge to the oven, you’ll want to add an extra 15 minutes to the cooking time at the beginning and you’ll want to cover the baked ziti with foil during that time, then remove the foil for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
Looking for more easy Italian “29 Minute Meals”? Check out these 5 favorites!
- One Pot Shrimp Piccata Pasta
- Easy Italian Shrimp & Polenta
- One Pot Ravioli with Creamy Pesto Sauce & Sausage
- Roasted Red Pepper Turkey Bolognese
- Bruschetta Chicken Parmesan
Tools & pantry items used to make this Baked Ziti Recipe:
- Casserole Dish: 9″x13″ (I use this one all the time at home because it comes with a lid for easy refrigerator storage!)
- Covered Stockpot with Locking Straining Lid
- Ziti Pasta
- Italian Seasoning
Three Cheese Baked Ziti
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the ziti and cook for 9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Toss the ziti with the spaghetti sauce. Place in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Dollop the ricotta on top. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the dish.
- Place in the oven and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.