Instant Pot Pulled Pork Tacos
This post may contain affiliate links.
Instant pot pulled pork tacos are easy to make in under an hour with lean pork tenderloin, a delicious combination of spices and a sriracha honey tomato sauce!
One of my favorite things to do in the Instant Pot, is to take my most popular slow cooker recipes and make them into quick and easy Instant Pot recipes!
Since tacos are always a good idea, I took my Slow Cooker Sriracha Honey Pulled Pork Tacos and made them in the Instant Pot. The entire recipe takes under 45 minutes to make, with only about 10 minutes of active cooking time.
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Tacos
To make these Instant Pot Pulled Pork Tacos, simply saute the pork tenderloin with spices directly in the Instant Pot. Next, place the lid on the Instant Pot and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
After the cooking time is finished, let the steam release, remove the lid and shred the pork tenderloin. Place in tortillas or taco shells, add your favorite toppings and dig in!
Are Instant Pot and Crock Pot the same?
They are not. The Instant Pot is a pressure cooker and slow cooker in one, while the crock pot is simply a slow cooker.
Why Instant Pot over Crock Pot?
The Instant Pot performs both the function of a pressure cooker and slow cooker, as well as a rice cooker, steamer and yogurt maker. You can also saute directly in the Instant Pot, eliminating the need to saute meat or veggies in a separate pan before adding them to the Instant Pot.
A Crock Pot generally is just a slow cooker, so the Instant Pot gives you more cooking versatility in the kitchen.
With all of the wonderful Instant Pot features, you’ll want to cook in it every night! Here are some great recipes to add to your Instant Pot menu!
- Instant Pot Beef Ragu
- Pasta e Fagioli
- Instant Pot Thai Beef
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
- Chicken Lentil Tikka Masala
Tools used to make these Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Tacos:
Instant Pot Sriracha Pulled Pork Tacos
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, cubed
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 small tortillas
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- avocado, sliced
- onion, diced
- pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Toss the pork tenderloin with the chili powder, cumin, paprika, sea salt and black pepper.
- Press the saute button on the Instant Pot, use the adjust button to set on the “normal” setting.
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot, when the display says “hot”, add the pork and saute 3-5 minutes. Press the Keep Warm/Cancel button on the Instant Pot.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the tomato sauce, sriracha, honey, apple cider vinegar and garlic together. Pour the sauce into the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the steam release is set to “sealing”. Press the “manual” button and set the Instant Pot to high pressure, then use the +/- buttons to set the Instant Pot to 10 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, turn off the Instant Pot and wait 5-10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure before unlocking the lid.
- Remove the lid and use two forks or “meat claws” to shred the pork.
- Place the pork in tortillas and serve with your favorite toppings.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.