Create the delicious taste and texture of a slow cooked beef ragu sauce in under an hour with this Instant Pot Beef Ragu recipe!
Ask and ye shall receive! I’m so excited to share this new version of one of my favorite recipes. Instant Pot Beef Ragu has all of the delicious flavor of my slow cooker version, but in a fraction of the time!
Home from work after a long day and need some beef ragu in your life? No problem! Just bust out an Instant Pot and in under an hour the deliciousness of beef ragu is yours!
The sauté function on the Instant pot is perfect for sautéing the veggies at the beginning of the recipe, then cooking down the sauce at the end of the recipe!
To shred the beef after it’s cooked, I used a pair of meat claws. This is one of my favorite inexpensive kitchen tools that I didn’t realize so many people didn’t know about.
I busted them out to shred my Slow Cooker Chipotle Honey Pulled Pork Tacos on Superbowl Sunday and everyone at my party freaked out. They totally loved them and never knew they existed! Just in case you’re in the same boat, allow me to introduce you to meat claws. They’re the inexpensive tool you need to add to your kitchen repertoire!
One of my favorite things about both the slow cooker and Instant Pot versions of this Beef Ragu dish is it’s versatility.
For instance, last week I made this Instant Pot Beef Ragu and served it over pasta for lunch. The next day I turned the leftovers into a Beef Ragu Lasagna for a dinner party.
Going light on carbs? Serve this scrumptious sauce over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
Looking for something gluten free? Serve the ragu over Creamy Cheesy Polenta.
No matter how you serve it, I guarantee it will be hard to put your fork down while gobbling up all the goodness of this beef ragu!
Looking for more delicious dinners to make in your Instant Pot? Try these recipes!
- Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff
- Whole30 Instant Pot Thai Beef
- Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot French Onion Pot Roast
Instant Pot Beef Ragu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 lb beef chuck roast cubed
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- ¼ cup red wine
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes or 2 cups fresh tomatoes – chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
Serve with one of the following:
- pasta boiled
- zucchini noodles sauteed
- polenta cooked
- spaghetti squash roasted
- Press the saute button on the Instant Pot, use the adjust button to set on the “normal” setting.
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot, when the display says “hot”, add the onion and garlic, saute 4-5 minutes, add the beef chuck roast and sear for 1-2 minutes.
- Press the Keep Warm/Cancel button on the Instant Pot.
- Add the rosemary, salt, pepper, beef broth, red wine, tomato paste and diced tomatoes, stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the steam release is set to “sealing”.
- Press the “manual” button and set the Instant Pot to high pressure, then use the +/- buttons to set the Instant Pot to 30 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, turn off the Instant Pot and wait 5-10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure before unlocking the lid.
- Remove the lid and use two forks or “meat claws” to shred the beef.
- Once the meat is shredded, press the saute button on the Instant Pot and use the “normal” setting to cook down the sauce for 10-15 minutes.
Remove the beef ragu from the Instant Pot, top with parmesan cheese and serve with pasta, polenta, veggie noodles or in a roasted spaghetti squash.
Calorie information only includes the beef ragu recipe and does not include the optional ingredients to serve it with.