Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff
This post may contain affiliate links.
Bust out your Instant Pot and make this Easy Chicken Stroganoff Recipe! Chicken breasts, egg noodles and the best, most creamy sauce are combined for the ultimate comfort food!
After making the best beef stroganoff ever in an Instant Pot, I knew I couldn’t stop there! The very next week I made this Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff and I was hooked!
We’ve now been eating Instant Pot beef or chicken stroganoff every week since. It’s so good, easy to make and the entire meal is made in the Instant Pot, making clean-up a breeze!
Stroganoff, whether beef or chicken, really is the ultimate comfort food. A creamy sauce, that I could eat with a spoon, combined with noodles, meat and mushrooms. It’s a winning combination every time!
Table of contents
Step by step instructions
- Add butter to an Instant Pot, or electric pressure cooker.
- Add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Saute in the butter for 4-5 minutes.
- Add diced chicken breasts, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Sear the chicken on all sides for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to the pressure cooker.
- Switch the Instant Pot from the saute function, to the pressure cooker function and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add egg noodles.
- Try to cover the egg noodles in the liquid as much as possible. If they’re not completely covered, that’s okay.
- Return the lid and pressure cook for another 8 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to pressure down for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in sour cream, half and half and parmesan cheese.
Can you make it gluten free?
Yes, simply substitute gluten-free egg noodles for traditional egg noodles. The other ingredients in the recipe are naturally gluten free.
What to serve with it
This dish can be served on it’s own or with a salad or veggies on the side. I always serve the dish with a toasted baguette for dipping up any extra sauce. The sauce is so good, you can’t leave any behind!
What wine should you pair with it?
A full bodied white, such as a chardonnay or chenin blanc will pair well with the chicken.
If pairing with a red wine, go with something light, like a pinot noir. A big red, such as a cabernet or zinfandel will overwhelm the chicken.
More Instant Pot recipes
Try these other Instant Pot recipes for dinner this week!
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- French Onion Pot Roast
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Whole30 Instant Pot Thai Beef
- Instant Pot Beef Ragu
- THE BEST Instant Pot Risotto
Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms , sliced
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 lb chicken, diced
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 12 oz wide egg noodles
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese , grated
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- Turn the saute function on the Instant Pot on to “normal”, add the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add the mushrooms, onion and garlic, saute 4-5 minutes.
- Toss the chicken with the salt, black pepper and paprika, then add to the Instant Pot.
- Sear the chicken while stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Press the Keep Warm/Cancel button on the pressure cooker.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and make sure the steam release is set to “sealing”.
- Press the “manual” button and set the pressure cooker to high pressure, then use the +/- buttons to set the pressure cooker to 6 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, wait 10-15 minutes, then release any remaining pressure before unlocking the lid.
- Add the egg noodles to the Instant Pot, make sure they’re almost all the way covered in liquid. Secure the lid back on the Instant Pot and make sure the steam release is set to “sealing”.
- Press the “keep warm/cancel” button, then the “manual” button and set the pressure cooker to high pressure, then use the +/- buttons to set the pressure cooker to 8 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, turn off the pressure cooker and wait 5 minutes, then release any remaining pressure before unlocking the lid.
- Add the sour cream, half and half and parmesan cheese to the Instant Pot.
- Stir everything together then serve topped with fresh parsley.
- When removing the lid of the Instant Pot to add the egg noodles, try to cover the noodles in the liquid in the pot. Not all of the egg noodles will be covered and that’s okay.
- To make the recipe gluten free, substitute gluten free egg noodles.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.