Strawberry Pancakes with Cream Cheese Syrup
This post may contain affiliate links.
Fluffy homemade Strawberry Pancakes are filled with fresh, juicy strawberries & drizzled with sweet cream cheese syrup. This easy breakfast recipe is made in under 30 minutes and great for kids and adults!
Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day! It can be sweet or savory.
It can include dishes that resemble dessert, yet are a perfectly acceptable way to start the day. Like these Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins with a Chocolate Crumble or this Caramel Apple Bread Pudding.
Sweet treats for breakfast are one of my guilty pleasures. And these Strawberry Pancakes with Cream Cheese Syrup are at the top of my guilty pleasure list!
Cream Cheese Syrup, yes that is an actual thing. And if not, I just made it happen! You’re welcome! 😉
I’ve been making these homemade pancakes for years and I guarantee they’ll be the best, most fluffy pancakes you’ve ever had. You can even substitute other ingredients for the strawberries, such as blueberries, chocolate chips or sliced bananas.
Adding the cream cheese syrup is totally optional. But I would be doing you a disservice if I didn’t highly encourage you to make the cream cheese syrup!
Table of contents
Step by step instructions
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine a whisked egg, milk, vanilla extract, distilled white vinegar and honey.
- Add the dry ingredients and one tablespoon melted butter.
- Stir to combine. Gently fold in fresh sliced strawberries.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop and pour the batter onto the griddle.
- Wait for the pancakes to be covered with small bubbles. Flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Yes, frozen sliced strawberries can be used in place of fresh sliced strawberries in this recipe. They will defrost as you cook the pancakes.
How to make fluffy pancakes
Fluffy pancakes are made by adding vinegar and baking soda to the pancake batter. Remember the volcano we all made as kids by adding vinegar to baking soda? This is essentially the same thing. The two ingredients combine and help “fluff up” the pancakes.
You can’t taste the vinegar at all, but end up with the fluffiest pancakes ever!
Why aren’t my pancakes fluffy?
Over mixing the batter will cause your pancakes to come out flat. Only mix the batter enough to incorporate all of the ingredients together.
How do you stop pancakes from burning?
Make sure you’re cooking the pancakes over medium heat. Any hotter and they will burn before cooking through.
Always make sure the griddle or skillet is hot before adding the first pancake or it will not cook properly. To test the heat of the griddle, add a small drop of water to the pan, if it sizzles, it’s hot.
What to put on the pancakes
Cream cheese syrup, maple syrup or a dusting of powdered sugar are all great on top of these strawberry pancakes.
How do you make cream cheese syrup?
Whisk softened cream cheese with milk, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Easy as that, you have a super creamy syrup to top these pancakes. It is also delicious on french toast or waffles!
If the syrup comes out runny, add more powdered sugar. Add 1-2 tablespoons at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
If the syrup is too thick, add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
More strawberry recipes to try
- Strawberry Balsamic Baked Brie Bread Bowl
- Lemon Berry Prosecco Sangria
- Crispy Goat Cheese Avocado Strawberry Salad
- Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Heart Healthy Fruit Smoothie
- Strawberry Watermelon White Wine Slushies
- No Churn Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
Strawberry Pancakes with Cream Cheese Syrup
- Prepare the pancake batter by combining the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the egg, milk, honey, white vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Add in the dry ingredients, stir to combine, then add the melted butter.
- Gently fold the strawberries into the pancake batter.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet to medium and spray lightly with cooking oil.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour the pancake batter by 1/4 cup onto the griddle.
- Wait for the pancakes to be covered with small bubbles, then flip.
- Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes on the other side.
Cream Cheese Syrup
- While the pancakes are cooking, prepare the cream cheese syrup.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Use a whisk or electric hand mixer to combine the ingredients until a syrup consistency forms.
- The nutritional information provided is per pancake and does not include the cream cheese syrup.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.