Bacon Wrapped Dates
This post may contain affiliate links.
Sweet, delicious dates are stuffed with flavorful blue cheese, wrapped in smokey bacon & baked in the oven. This quick & easy 3 ingredient recipe for Bacon Wrapped Dates is perfect as an appetizer or party snack!
There’s no denying my love of wrapping things in bacon. This Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast is the most popular recipe on the blog every Thanksgiving.
These bacon wrapped main courses are super delicious and you should definitely try them all. But if you’re looking for a bacon wrapped party app, look no further than these Bacon Wrapped Dates.
These little “parties on a stick” make an appearance at every cocktail party I throw. They are easy enough to make a dozen for a dinner party or make 100 for a holiday party. They’re sweet, salty and so delicious!
Step by step instructions
- Cut each date 3/4 of the way through and remove the pit. Stuff crumbled blue cheese in the middle of the date.
- Wrap a half slice of bacon around the date, then use a toothpick to hold it together.
- Place all of the bacon wrapped dates on a wire rack on top of a foiled lined rimmed baking sheet. This will allow the bacon to cook up crisp, while the grease drips below the wire rack onto the baking sheet. Foil lining the baking sheet makes clean-up a breeze!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the dates in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Flip the dates and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the bacon is crisp enough to your liking.
Frequently asked questions
- Can you reheat bacon wrapped dates? Yes. I recommend reheating the dates under the broiler in the oven on low for 2-3 minutes per side. This will keep the bacon crispy.
- What kinds of dates should I use? I prefer Medjool dates and that is what I would recommend using. You can use any date of your choosing, but medjool dates tend to be larger and therefore work better for this recipe.
- Can I use a different kind of cheese? Yes, gorgonzola, goat cheese, cream cheese and brie cheese can all be used to stuff bacon wrapped dates. I’ve tried them all. Blue cheese is still my favorite, but they’re all delicious!
- Are they gluten free? Yes. Bacon wrapped dates are naturally gluten free.
- Are they keto? Each bacon wrapped date contains 5 grams of carbohydrates. This low carb appetizer can be eaten in moderation on the keto det.
More bacon recipes
Try these other bacon recipes for lunch, dinner and dessert!
- Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
- Garlic Herb Bacon Wrapped Brie
- Nutella Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Bacon Tomato Avocado Grilled Cheese
- Baked Spaghetti with BBQ Chicken & Bacon
Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 20 dates
- 10 slices bacon
- 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice half way through the dates and remove the pits, then add the blue cheese.
- Slice the bacon in half then wrap a 1/2 slice around each date.
- Slide a toothpick through each date to secure the bacon.
- Place the bacon wrapped dates on a wire rack on top of a foil lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, turn the dates over then continue to cook for 15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.