Garlic Herb Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast
This post may contain affiliate links.
This bacon wrapped turkey breast is covered in a balsamic garlic herb rub then wrapped in a bacon weave for a flavorful, juicy turkey recipe. Delicious anytime of the year for a weeknight meal or perfect as the main course for Thanksgiving dinner!
It’s the last day of “Thanksgiving Week” on the blog and I’ve saved the big kahuna for last! That’s right, the turkey, the epicenter of the Thanksgiving table!
Since we have a small family, we started preparing a turkey breast a few years back instead of a whole turkey. It’s the perfect size for 4-6 people and if you want to try a couple of different turkey recipes, this is a great way to do it!
This year I decided we should throw in something new so I mimicked one of my most popular recipes, the Bacon Wrapped Rosemary Balsamic Pork Loin and created a new turkey breast recipe that’s coated in a delicious balsamic herb rub, then wrapped in crispy bacon goodness!
The turkey is tender and juicy, the bacon is perfectly crisp and the entire dish is phenomenally flavorful!
The great thing about this bacon wrapped turkey (besides the fact that it’s insanely delicious!) is that it only takes about 10 minutes of prep time and an hour to roast in the oven.
A quick and simple main dish will leave you plenty of time to prep those sides, like Sweet Potato Skins with Sage Pesto and Bacon (more bacon, yes please!), Mushroom Brussels Sprout Casserole and Crock Pot Creamed Corn!
Table of contents
Ingredients you’ll need
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh thyme
- Steak seasoning – click the link for my easy (and delicious!!) homemade steak seasoning recipe or pick up pre-mixed Montreal steak seasoning at the grocery store on the spice aisle.
- Garlic cloves
- Boneless turkey breast – you’ll want one that’s around 3-4 pounds.
- Bacon – you’ll want to use regular sliced bacon for this recipe, not thick-cut bacon.
Step by step instructions
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Whisk the balsamic vinegar & olive oil together in a small bowl. Chop 4 sprigs of rosemary & 4 springs of thyme, add to the bowl with the steak seasoning & crushed garlic.
Brush this mixture over the turkey breast.
Place the two remaining sprigs of rosemary & thyme on top of the turkey.
Weave the bacon slices together over the turkey.
Tuck the bacon under the turkey. Make sure the ends of the rosemary and thyme sprigs slightly stick out at the end for easy removal after the turkey has baked.
Place the bacon wrapped turkey on top of a wire rack on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Brush any extra herb rub on top of the bacon.
Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour (or until the turkey breast reaches 165°F inside).
Remove the sprigs of rosemary & thyme from under the bacon and slice the turkey.
O-M-G! For real, the best bacon I’ve ever eaten in my life!
Salty, garlic, herb, crispy, bacon goodness!
What to serve with it
Pair this amazing turkey recipe with any of these delicious side dishes!
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Corn Casserole
- Garlic Parmesan Broccolini
- Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Smashed Potatoes
More bacon wrapped recipes
Love bacon as much as I do? Try all of these delicious bacon-wrapped recipes as an appetizer or main course!
- Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
- Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Garlic Herb Bacon Wrapped Brie
Making this turkey for the holidays? Be sure to Instagram a picture, tag me @whitneybond and hashtag #WBRecipes! I can’t wait to see all of the WhitneyBond.com recipes come to life on your dining room tables!
Garlic Herb Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary, divided
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, divided
- 2 tbsp steak seasoning
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 lb boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 10 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Whisk the balsamic vinegar & olive oil together in a small bowl.
- Chop 4 sprigs of rosemary & 4 springs of thyme, add to the bowl with the steak seasoning & crushed garlic.
- Brush this mixture over the turkey breast.
- Place the two remaining sprigs of rosemary & thyme on top of the turkey.
- Weave the bacon slices together over the turkey.
- Tuck the bacon under the turkey.
- Make sure the ends of the rosemary and thyme sprigs slightly stick out at the end for easy removal after the turkey has baked.
- Place the bacon wrapped turkey on top of a wire rack on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Brush any extra herb rub on top of the bacon.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour (or until the turkey breast reaches 165° inside).
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.