Bacon Wrapped Balsamic Pork Loin
This post may contain affiliate links.
In this Rosemary Balsamic Pork Loin recipe, pork is rubbed with garlic & herbs. It’s then bacon wrapped & baked in the oven for an easy, gluten free & keto meal!
I love a good bacon wrapped recipe! Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is the best meatloaf you’ll ever eat! Bacon Wrapped Dates are the perfect party appetizer. And this Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast is not just for Thanksgiving, it’s seriously delicious year-round!
This Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin is a great recipe that’s low carb and so easy to make. With only 15 minutes or prep time and 45 minutes of cook time, this recipe is on the table!
It makes enough to serve 8, perfect for weekend family dinners or Easter Sunday.
Not feeding 8 people? This balsamic pork loin is also great leftover. Slice it up and turn it into sandwiches for lunch. Or dice it up and turn it into a hash for breakfast!
How to make Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin
In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, steak seasoning, and garlic.
Quick Tip: I like to use Montreal Steak Seasoning, which is a combination of coarse salt, black and red pepper, garlic and paprika. If you don’t have any steak seasoning on hand, substitute 1 tbsp coarse sea salt, 1/2 tbsp black pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp paprika.
Rub this mixture on a 3-4 pound boneless pork loin. Wrap 6-8 slices of bacon around the pork. Cover the pork with foil and place in a 400°F preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Remove the foil from the over the pork and continue to bake for an additional 20-25 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature of the pork is at least 145°F before removing the pork from the oven.
The foil is used to cover the pork during the first half of the roasting time so that the bacon does not burn. The foil does not need to be tightly wrapped around the pork, a simple tenting of the foil over the pork will work just fine. Removing the foil for the last 20 minutes of roasting will result in crispy bacon, on top of juicy pork!
Is Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin keto?
Yes, this bacon wrapped pork loin is only 2 carbs per serving. This makes it low carb and perfect for those on the keto diet.
It’s also gluten free and dairy free, making it a wonderful main dish for those with food allergies or sensitivities.
What is the difference between pork loin and pork tenderloin?
Pork loin and pork tenderloin are two different cuts of meat from different parts of the animal. Pork tenderloins are small and thin, usually weighing in at about 1 pound. A pork loin is thick and typically weighs in between 3-5 pounds.
A pork tenderloin is boneless, where as a pork loin can be found bone-in or boneless.
How do you keep a pork loin from drying out?
Wrapping the pork loin in bacon means the bacon fat will drip into the pork loin. This will keep the pork moist throughout the cooking process.
How much pork do you need per person?
You should plan to have a 1/2 pound of pork per person. If serving this pork to 6 people, a 3 pound pork loin is perfect. If serving this pork to 8 people, a 4 pound pork loin is perfect.
Depending on the size of the pork and the size of the bacon slices you’re using, you’ll need 6-8 strips of bacon to cover the pork.
What sides go with a pork loin?
Potatoes, mac and cheese, salads and roasted veggies are all great sides to go with this balsamic pork loin recipe. Grab one or two of the recipes below to pair with this delicious dish!
- Rosemary Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes– the BEST mashed potato recipe ever!
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese – sneak some veggies into the most creamy mac and cheese recipe!
- Gnocchi with Butternut Squash and Crispy Kale – this easy sheet pan side dish is so flavorful. It’s easy to pop in the oven, right next to the pork loin!
- Roasted Butternut Squash Spinach Kale Salad – my favorite salad of all time! This seriously flavorful side dish pairs perfectly with the seriously flavorful pork!
- Spinach Artichoke Spaghetti Squash – this is the perfect low carb side to accompany this keto pork recipe.
For more easy pork recipes, check out these delicious dishes!
- Easy Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops
- Chipotle Honey Pulled Pork Tacos
- Pork & Sauerkraut Cabbage Rolls
- Whole30 Teriyaki Pineapple Pork Tenderloin
Made this recipe and loved it? Be sure to rate it 5 stars below! ↓
Rosemary Balsamic Pork Loin
- 3-4 lbs boneless pork loin
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp steak seasoning
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6-8 slices bacon
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, steak seasoning and garlic.
- Rub this mixture on the pork loin, making sure to cover both sides evenly.
- Wrap each slice of bacon around the pork loin.
- Place on a wire rack on top of a foil lined baking sheet.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
- Uncover the pork and continue cooking for an additional 25 minutes.
- The pork will register at 145°F when ready.
- This pork loin recipe is perfect for those on the keto diet, as it's only 2 carbs per serving.
- One serving equals 1/2 lb of pork loin.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.