Spinach Artichoke Spaghetti Squash
This post may contain affiliate links.
Baked spaghetti squash is tossed with a simple spinach artichoke sauce in this healthy, gluten free and vegetarian recipe, made in under an hour!
Well hello everyone and happy 2018! I’m so excited to welcome the first recipe of the new year to the blog today. It’s a healthy recipe that combines my favorite dip with my favorite squash!
I know what you’re thinking, healthy spinach artichoke dip, yeah right! Well, this version actually is! I subbed in greek yogurt for mayonnaise and added some serious flavor with lemon zest, goat cheese and red pepper flakes.
This recipe couldn’t be easier! Simply roast the spaghetti squash, then while it’s roasting, prepare the scrumptious spinach artichoke sauce.
When the spaghetti squash is finished roasting, remove the spaghetti “noodles” from the squash and toss them with the sauce. Voila, a delicious and simple dinner is served!
To make this meal even faster, you can cook the spaghetti squash in the microwave or in the air fryer, using this handy guide for how to cook spaghetti squash.
This recipe is vegetarian and gluten free. It’s packed with fiber and vitamins, and each serving is under 500 calories. Oh and it’s seriously delicious, how’s that for a kick start to 2018!
Want to add a little extra protein to this dish? Baked salmon, grilled chicken or sautéed shrimp would all make excellent additions to this baked spaghetti squash recipe!
I like to pair it with this Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken or this Mushroom Spinach Chicken.
More spaghetti squash recipes
Spaghetti squash is a wonderful gluten free alternative to pasta and perfect for those on a low carb diet. Check out these other popular spaghetti squash recipes on the blog to add to your new year menu!
- Turkey Chili Spaghetti Squash
- Vegan Tex Mex Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Green Chili Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash
- Jalapeno Popper Spaghetti Squash
- Caprese Spaghetti Squash
Spinach Artichoke Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups spinach
- ½ cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and brush with 1 tbsp olive oil then sprinkle with ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp black pepper.
- Place cut side down on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- While the spaghetti squash is roasting, add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, cook 4-5 minutes, then add the garlic and spinach, cook for 2-3 minutes or until the spinach is cooked down.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, greek yogurt, goat cheese, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, remaining ½ tsp kosher salt and ½ tsp black pepper.
- Add the cooked spinach, onion and garlic.
- Once the spaghetti squash is roasted, remove the squash “noodles” from the shell and toss with the spinach artichoke sauce.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
4 Comments on “Spinach Artichoke Spaghetti Squash”
I love anything that involves spinach and artichoke! I also love how this is low-carb. Great idea and thank you for the recipe!
Thanks so much Kathryn! I agree, spinach and artichoke is such a great combo!! Enjoy 🙂