Mexican Street Corn Mac & Cheese
This post may contain affiliate links.
Mexican Street Corn is taken off the cob and tossed into this incredible mac and cheese recipe, which can be served as a side dish or vegetarian entree.
OMG y’all! This creamy, dreamy mac and cheese recipe is EVERYTHING!
As the biggest Mexican Street Corn fan ever, I’m determined to add it to as many recipes as possible. I began this recipe journey last fall when I made Mexican Street Corn Enchiladas and they turned out to be the BEST ENCHILADAS EVER!
I then had the idea to make Mexican Street Corn Mac & Cheese. Because what could be better than creamy, spicy Mexican street corn paired with cheesy, velvety mac and cheese?! Nothing, I tell you, absolutely nothing!
While my original idea for this dish was to serve it as an entree, (which I did for lunch, then dinner, then lunch again the next day!) this dish would also make a show-stopping side dish for upcoming summer BBQ’s or Cinco De Mayo!
It’s like two of the greatest side dishes in the world came together and created an even greater dish with magical cheesy super powers! If you haven’t noticed yet, I’m totally obsessed with this recipe!
But wait, there’s more, in addition to being seriously scrumptious, this recipe is also easy to make and made in only one pot in just 20 minutes!
If you weren’t already running to the store to grab the groceries and make this for dinner tonight, I’m sure you are now! 😉
For more delicious recipes made in 29 minutes or less, check out my page of 29 Minute Meals! I’ve also listed a few fan favs below!
- Buffalo Turkey Meatball Subs
- Spicy Vegetable Pad Thai
- Pizza Baked Spaghetti
- Chicken Fajita Grilled Burritos
- Tomato Basil Chicken Skewers
Mexican Street Corn Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 22 oz corn kernels, 2 - 11 oz cans (drained)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the macaroni noodles and cook according to package directions.
- Drain the noodles, then return them to the pot on the stove over medium heat.
- Add the corn, sour cream, cotija cheese, cream cheese, milk, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir constantly until the cheese is melted, add the cilantro and serve.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.