Roasted Tomato Soup
This post may contain affiliate links.
Roasted cherry tomatoes, garlic and onions are pureed into a vegan and gluten free tomato soup recipe. It’s incredibly flavorful and so easy to make in only 29 minutes!
After making Roasted Sweet Potato Soup earlier this winter, I got the idea to make Roasted Tomato Soup! Genius, right? Flavorful roasted tomatoes pureed into a warm, comforting soup, perfect for dunking your favorite grilled cheese sandwich into, or these amazing Cheesy Pull Apart Rolls!
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup onion (medium dice)
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup heavy cream or half and half (optional – omit to make recipe vegan & whole 30 compliant)
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Toss the tomatoes, onion and garlic with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, basil, parsley salt and pepper.
Spread into an even layer on a baking sheet.
Roast for 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to burst
Remove from the oven and transfer to the a food processor.
Add the vegetable broth, then add the half and half or heavy cream, if desired.
Puree until smooth.
Ladle into bowls and top with parmesan cheese if you’d like!
You can also top with croutons or serve with parmesan crisps or a grilled cheese sandwich on the side for dipping.
This simple tomato soup recipe with fresh tomatoes is easy to make in only 29 minutes. Why buy a can of tomato soup when you can make this homemade tomato soup recipe in no time!
More soup recipes
For more easy soup recipes, check out these fan favorites!
- Thai Coconut Potsticker Soup
- 15 Minute Creamy Tortellini Soup
- Crockpot Taco Soup
- Chai Spiced Butternut Squash Soup
- Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Pasta Fagioli Soup
- Creamy Potato Soup
Roasted Tomato Soup
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Toss the tomatoes, onion and garlic with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, basil, parsley salt and pepper.
- Spread into an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to burst
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a food processor.
- Add the vegetable broth, then add the half and half or heavy cream, if desired.
- Puree until smooth.
- Ladle into bowls and top with parmesan cheese if you’d like.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.