Spinach Artichoke Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links.
A creamy combination of goat cheese, greek yogurt, spinach and artichokes are stuffed into this delicious Spinach Artichoke Chicken recipe! It’s easy, healthy, low carb and keto diet approved!
Healthy grilled chicken recipes are a staple around my house, from Bruschetta Grilled Chicken and Mango Salsa Chicken to Mediterranean Chicken Skewers and Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Skewers, I love how easy it is to create a healthy and flavorful grilled chicken recipe with the right marinade!
This Spinach Artichoke Chicken recipe has both the right marinade and the perfect filling to create a delicious and healthy dish!
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Recipe
This spinach artichoke chicken recipe starts with a simple lemon, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper marinade, then is stuffed with a combination of sautéed onion, garlic and spinach, artichoke hearts, lemon zest, crushed red peppers, sea salt, goat cheese and greek yogurt, which makes the filling creamy, yet still keeps it low calorie and healthy.
This recipe is gluten free, low carb and fits in the keto diet! Each Spinach Artichoke Chicken Breast contains 325 calories, 7 grams carbs, 30 grams protein and 18 grams fat.
What to serve with Healthy Spinach Artichoke Chicken:
This chicken recipe can be served with a simple side salad, quinoa or one of my favorite side dishes listed below!
- Quinoa Corn Salad with Avocado Dressing
- Spinach Artichoke Spaghetti Squash – double up on the spinach artichoke flavor, while still keeping the meal healthy & gluten free!
- Roasted Garlic & Kale Mashed Potatoes
- Creamy Portobello Mushrooms & Brussel Sprouts
- Garlic Lemon Grilled Asparagus
- Creamy Cheesy Polenta
Tools & Pantry Items used to make this easy Spinach Artichoke Chicken:
- Outdoor Grill – for summer grilling
- Indoor Grill – for off-season grilling
- Grilling Tongs
- Heavy Duty Non-Stick Foil
- Large Ziplock Bags
- Cutting Board
- Chefs Knife or Electric Knife
- Olive Oil
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Spinach Artichoke Grilled Chicken
- Place the chicken in a large plastic bag with the chicken marinade ingredients.
- Place in the refrigerator to marinade for at least 30 minutes, up to 8 hours.
- To make the spinach artichoke filling, add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, cook 4-5 minutes, then add the garlic and spinach, cook for 2-3 minutes or until the spinach is cooked down. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, greek yogurt, goat cheese, lemon zest, red pepper flakes and sea salt. Add the cooked spinach, onion and garlic.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, butterfly the chicken breasts, slicing through the middle, but not all the way through.
- Fill each chicken breast with the spinach artichoke filling, fold the chicken over the filling, then wrap each chicken breast in foil.
- Place on a grill over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from the gill, remove the foil from each chicken breast, slice and serve.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.