Looking for the best steak tacos with a twist? Try these Cajun Steak Tacos marinated in a flavorful combination of olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, hot sauce and spices, then grilled to perfection for a delicious meal!
I’ve been on a serious grilled taco kick lately and if you’re licking your lips checking out these Grilled Cajun Steak Tacos, then you’ll also want to take a peak at these Chipotle Lime Carne Asada Tacos and these Grilled Vegetable Chimichurri Tacos (I could seriously put that sauce on everything!)
How To Make a Cajun Steak Marinade
This delicious Cajun marinade is a simple combination of olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, tabasco hot sauce, old bay seasoning, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Simply add all of these ingredients to a large ziplock bag with a skirt steak and allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
Cajun Steak Tacos
Once the steak is marinated, place on a grill over medium high heat and grill for 7-9 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and thinly slice.
You can then make tacos, taco bowls or just eat the Cajun steak straight off the cutting board like I did, because it’s just that good!
To make the steak tacos, I grilled the corn tortillas for just about 30 seconds per side, then topped the tacos with cotija cheese and fresh mango salsa.
What kind of steak is good for tacos?
Skirt steak is commonly used for tacos. It’s an affordable cut of steak, that when properly marinated, grilled and sliced thinly against the grain is tender and flavorful. It also cooks quickly because it’s such a thin cut, which makes it perfect for quick and easy weeknight meals.
What is a good substitute for skirt steak?
If skirt steak can’t be found, you can substitute in flank steak or hanger steak.
Loving the Cajun flavors in this recipe?! Then you have to try these other Cajun favorites!
- Cajun Chicken Pot Pie – an all time favorite recipe in my house!
- Grilled Cajun Chicken with Bell Pepper Slaw – this recipe is gluten free & Whole30 approved!
- Cajun Turkey Cobb Salad – a delicious twist on a traditional cobb salad!
- Roasted Cajun Mashed Potatoes & Cajun Roasted Turkey – you could ditch the tortillas and just serve the Cajun Steak with a side of these Cajun Mashed Potatoes for a totally epic meal!
- One Pot Cajun Pasta with Sausage and Peppers – a spicy, simple 29 minute meal, perfect for a quick & easy weeknight dinner!
Tools & Pantry Items used to make these Cajun Steak Tacos:
- Outdoor Grill – for summer grilling
- Indoor Grill – for off-season grilling
- Grilling Tongs
- Ziplock Bags
- Cutting Board
- Chefs Knife or Electric Knife
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Tabasco Hot Sauce
Cajun Steak Tacos
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp tabasco hot sauce
- ½ tbsp old bay seasoning
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 8 small tortillas corn or flour
- ½ cup cotija cheese crumbled
- Mango Salsa click link for homemade
- Sliced Avocado
Add the skirt steak to a large ziplock bag with all of the ingredients for the Cajun marinade.
Toss to coat the skirt steak, place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
Place the steak on the grill, grill for 7-9 minutes per side.
Remove from the grill and rest on a cutting board for 5-10 minutes.
Use a sharp knife or electric knife to thinly slice the Cajun Steak against the grain.
Heat the tortillas on the grill for 30 seconds per side.
Serve the cajun steak in the tortillas with cotija cheese and the toppings of your choice.
The calorie count does not include the optional toppings and is calculated using 6 inch corn tortillas.