Whole30 Mushroom Spinach Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links.
You’re going to love this healthy, easy Spinach Mushroom Chicken recipe! It’s totally delicious, dairy free, low carb & whole30 approved!
Last year, I introduced dozens of Whole30 recipes on the blog and even dedicated the entire month of March to Whole30 recipes.
Of the 18 Most Popular New Recipes of 2018, 8 of them were part of Whole30 March. With the popularity of Whole30 recipes last year, I vowed to bring you more Whole30 recipes in 2019 and I’m here to deliver!
You don’t have to be on the Whole30 diet to enjoy these delicious recipes. These are great options for those looking to add a few new healthy recipes into the mix, or those that are looking for gluten free and dairy free recipes.
This Whole30 Spinach Mushroom Chicken is flavorful, easy to make and the perfect addition to your weekly healthy dinner menu! You could also prepare extra chicken to slice up and meal prep for lunches or dinners throughout the week.
How do you make mushroom chicken?
Start by marinating chicken breasts in a combination of olive oil, salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning. After the chicken has marinated, grill the chicken for 10-12 minutes per side.
To keep things easier (and indoors in the winter) I use this indoor grill. It’s perfect for cooking everything from chicken, to steak, to veggies.
While the chicken is grilling, prepare the spinach mushroom topping. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat, add the onions, mushrooms, garlic, spinach, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Saute on the stove, then spoon over the grilled chicken.
What to serve with mushroom chicken?
To keep it low carb, gluten free and healthy, serve this mushroom chicken with zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash or cauliflower rice. Instead of the cilantro and lime juice added to this cauliflower rice recipe, stir in a tablespoon of dairy free kale pistachio pesto.
If you’re not worried about adding some dairy or gluten to the recipe, serve the mushroom chicken over Creamy Cheesy Polenta or with fettuccine or pappardelle pasta.
Looking for more Whole30 deliciousness? Check out the 10 Most Popular Whole30 recipes on WhitneyBond.com!
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Whole30 Turkey Taco Salad
- Whole30 Eggplant Roll Ups
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Spaghetti Squash
- Instant Pot Whole30 Thai Beef
- Whole30 Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
- Chipotle Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Balsamic Salmon Zoodle Bowls
- Guacamole Stuffed Chicken
- Grilled Steak Kabobs with Chimichurri Sauce
Whole30 Spinach Mushroom Chicken
- For the chicken, combine the olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning.
- Add to a large plastic bag with the chicken and marinate for up to 8 hours, I would recommend at least an hour.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a grill over medium heat for 10-12 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is grilling, prepare the spinach mushroom topping.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and mushrooms, sauté 5-7 minutes, add the garlic, sauté for 1 minute, add the spinach and sprinkle the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper over the top.
- Saute for an additional 3-4 minutes, then turn the heat off and set the skillet aside.
- Once the chicken is grilled, slice, place on a plate and top with the mushroom spinach topping.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.