Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Green Chili Avocado Sauce & Spaghetti Squash
This post may contain affiliate links.
This delicious Whole30 recipe combines roasted spaghetti squash and green chili avocado sauce with cilantro lime shrimp for a healthy, gluten free and dairy free meal!
I love this recipe because it’s a combination of two of my favorite recipes, Chili Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Green Chili Avocado Sauce, combined with my favorite squash, spaghetti! I altered the two recipes slightly to make them Whole30 compliant and the result was delicious!
Since I began creating Whole30 recipes last month to share for “Whole30 March”, I’ve realized that sauces and marinades are king. With slight alterations, you can make your favorite sauces and marinades Whole30 compliant and they really kick up the flavor of the recipes.
For the cilantro lime shrimp marinade, I swapped the soy sauce for Coco Aminos and left out the brown sugar. The shrimp still had amazing flavor and was now Whole30 compliant!
You can easily whip up the sauce and shrimp while the spaghetti squash is roasting for a deliciously easy meal!
With this recipe, you’ll have extra green chili avocado sauce. You can either cut the recipe down, or use it on other dishes throughout the week. It’s amazing on grilled chicken or steak!
For more gluten free, dairy free and Whole30 recipes, tune in the entire month of March and check out these favorites already on the blog!
- Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Balsamic Salmon Zoodle Bowls
- Whole30 Eggplant Roll Ups
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Skewers (would be delicious with the leftover green chili avocado sauce!)
- Lemon Herb Salmon
- Italian Flank Steak with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Avocado Scallop Ceviche
Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Green Chili Avocado Sauce and Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Green Chili Avocado Sauce
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 2 oz diced green chilies
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup water or chicken broth
Chili Lime Garlic Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and brush with 1 tbsp olive oil then sprinkle with ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp black pepper.
- Place the squash cut side down on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- While the spaghetti squash is roasting, make the green chili avocado sauce by adding all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend into a puree.
- Next, prepare the shrimp by placing the minced garlic, coconut aminos, chili powder, lime juice, red pepper flakes and 2 tsp olive oil in a medium bowl, whisk to combine.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade and toss to coat.
- Place in the refrigerator and marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the spaghetti squash is done roasting, remove it from the oven and pull the spaghetti squash “noodles” out of the shell.
- Toss with half of the green chili avocado sauce.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and place on a grill or skillet on the stovetop over medium heat.
- Cook for 3 minutes per side.
- Place the shrimp on top of the spaghetti squash and drizzle with additional green chili avocado sauce.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.