Avocado Scallop Ceviche
This post may contain affiliate links.
Scallop ceviche is a healthy, flavorful appetizer filled with fresh vegetables, peppers and citrus. It’s gluten free, paleo & easy to make!
After the amazingness of my Bacon Pistachio Scallops last weekend, I went on a scallop frenzy.
It was all I wanted to eat for the next three days! One of the creations that I came up with while on my “Scallop Bender” was a delicious Avocado Scallop Ceviche Recipe.
Ceviche is one of my favorite things ever, yet somehow I’ve never posted a recipe for it on the blog!
It’s so light, fresh and flavorful, you really can’t go wrong!
My favorite “ceviche making memory” was from two summers ago on Martha’s Vineyard.
Some of my guy friends went out and caught a ton of striped bass and I made the most giant batch of ceviche ever with the fresh fish caught that morning. It was so delicious, I could have eaten it for days (and I did!)
The only time I stopped was to eat Lobster Rolls, because of the Martha’s Vineyard Lobster Roll Challenge, of course!
Avocado Scallop Ceviche Ingredients
- ½ lb scallops (diced)
- ¼ cup grape tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 jalapeno (minced)
- ¼ cup red onion (minced)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper (minced)
- ½ cup citrus juice (orange, lemon or lime)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 avocados (diced)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
Avocado Scallop Ceviche Instructions
Add the scallops, tomatoes, jalapeño, red onion and bell pepper to a large bowl.
Squeeze the citrus juice over the top. I used a combination of fresh lemons and oranges.
Make sure all of the scallops are covered with the citrus juice. Place covered in the refrigerator for 3-6 hours.
Remove from the refrigerator, add the salt, avocado and cilantro.
Serve with tortillas, chips, bell peppers or jicama chips.
Avocado Scallop Ceviche
- Add the scallops, tomatoes, jalapeño, red onion and bell pepper to a large bowl.
- Squeeze the citrus juice over the top.
- Make sure all of the scallops are covered with the citrus juice.
- Place, covered, in the refrigerator for 3-6 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator, add the salt, avocado and cilantro.
- Serve with tortillas, chips, bell peppers or jicama chips.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.