Slow Cooker Chipotle Honey Pulled Pork Tacos
This post may contain affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tenderloin Chipotle Honey Tacos are a delicious and easy meal, perfect for weeknight dinners, game day or Taco Tuesday!
I first shared this recipe on the blog in 2013 and it’s been one of the most popular recipes ever since. I decided it deserved some fancy new pictures and a video!
In addition to being totally Instagram-worthy, these tacos are so delicious! They’ve got smoky, sweet and spicy flavors going on in the chipotle honey pulled pork. They’re topped with creamy avocado and salty cotija cheese for the most perfect taco ever!
Since first creating this recipe, I’ve used the pulled pork to make tacos and burritos. I’ve also used it in this Pulled Pork Dip (a must for football season!), Pulled Pork Tamale Casserole and The Ultimate Pulled Pork Nachos (also great for football season!)
This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prep and toss in the slow cooker, making it perfect for an easy weeknight meal.
You can double the recipe and make tacos for dinner during the week, then use the rest for nachos, burritos or pulled pork rice bowls on the weekend!
- 3 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- ¾ cup honey
- 3 limes (juiced)
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 8 medium flour or corn tortillas
- 2 large avocados (sliced)
- ½ cup cotija cheese (crumbled)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime (sliced into 8 wedges)
In a small bowl combine the chipotle powder, cumin and paprika. Rub onto each pork tenderloin.
Place the tenderloins in a slow cooker.
In another small bowl whisk the honey, lime juice and cilantro together. Pour over the pork in the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Reach a couple of forks in the slow cooker and watch the pork completely fall apart.
Seriously, I went to pull the tenderloin out of the slow cooker to shred it and it fell right apart as soon as I stuck a fork in it. I will now be using pork tenderloin for all of my pulled pork recipes. It’s the most tender cut of pork and ounce for ounce it’s as lean as a skinless chicken breast!
Once the pork is shredded inside the slow cooker, prepare the tacos.
Spoon the pork into warmed tortillas and add the toppings of your choice.
I like to top the pulled pork tacos with avocado, cotija cheese and fresh cilantro. And I always serve each taco with a lime wedge for squeezing over the taco. You can use these same toppings or mix it up with any of the following topping ideas.
- Shredded pepper jack cheese
- Creamy avocado salsa
- Pico de gallo
- Hot sauce
- Diced onions
- Sliced jalapenos – fresh or pickled
- Creamy chipotle sauce
More pork tenderloin recipes
Lean, healthy pork tenderloin is delicious for making more than just pulled pork tacos! Try it in any of these delicious recipes.
- Coffee Crusted Balsamic Pulled Pork Tenderloin
- Rosemary Sage Pork Tenderloin Skewers
- Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Pork Tenderloin
- Pumpkin Pulled Pork Tenderloin
- Slow Cooker Pork Ragu
Chipotle Honey Pulled Pork Tacos
- In a small bowl combine the chipotle powder, cumin and paprika.
- Rub onto each pork tenderloin.
- Place the tenderloins in a slow cooker.
- In another small bowl whisk the honey, lime juice and cilantro together.
- Pour over the pork in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Reach a couple forks in the slow cooker and pull the pork apart.
- Once the pork is shredded inside the crockpot, prepare the tacos.
- Spoon the pork into warmed tortillas and top with avocado, cotija cheese and fresh cilantro.
- Serve each taco with a lime wedge for squeezing over the taco.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.