The Ultimate Pulled Pork Nachos
This post may contain affiliate links.
The ultimate loaded Pulled Pork Nachos start with a delicious slow cooked pulled pork, topped with pepper jack cheese, avocado, jalapenos and more! They’re easy to make and perfect for parties, dinner or game day!
Football season is upon us my friends! Which means it’s perfectly acceptable to eat nachos for dinner Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Am I right?!
I started these pulled pork nachos off with a win by topping them with my favorite Chipotle Honey Pulled Pork Tenderloin Recipe! I’ve made this recipe dozens of times over the years and couldn’t wait to try it out on nachos while watching a little NFL action!
The pulled pork recipe takes about 5 minutes to toss together then will slow cook for 3-4 hours on high, or 6-8 hours on low, so feel free to put it on the night before, or morning of, the day you want to create The Ultimate Pulled Pork Nachos!
After piling on the pulled pork, I grabbed a few healthy handfuls of pepper jack cheese… because nachos y’all, nachos need alllllll the cheese!
I added some sliced red onion, pickled jalapeños, avocado, tomato, cilantro, green onion, sriracha and sour cream. Because when I say ULTIMATE Pulled Pork Nachos, I mean ultimate!
Cheers to nacho cheesiness, scrumptious pulled pork and football season being back in action!
Table of contents
For the basic, yet still delicious nachos, you’ll need the following items:
- Tortilla chips
- Chipotle Honey Pulled Pork – click the link for the recipe. You can also top it with this Smoked Pulled Pork for a delicious peppery, smoky flavor!
- Red onion
- Pepper jack cheese
- Pickled jalapeños
- Fresh cilantro
To really take these nachos to the ULTIMATE level, add any or all of these toppings:
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced avocado or guacamole
- Fresh diced green onion
- Sour cream
- Sriracha – or your favorite hot sauce. Lately I’ve been adding this creamy chipotle sauce on top and it’s SO GOOD!
Step by step instructions
- Create the base. Spread the tortilla chips evenly on a rectangular baking dish or sheet pan.
- Load it up. Top with the pulled pork, sliced red onion, pepper jack cheese and pickled jalapeños.
- Bake. Pop in the oven for 10 minutes at 400°F to melt the cheese.
- Note: Another option is to pour warm homemade nacho cheese sauce over the pork and red onions, instead of melting pepper jack cheese over the top. Using this method, there’s no need to bake the nachos in the oven to melt the cheese.
- Add more toppings. Remove and top with the optional toppings of your choice, or just go crazy like me and make the ULTIMATE Pulled Pork Nachos with all of the toppings!
Frequently asked questions
- What toppings do you put on nachos? Anything you want! The most important ingredient after chips is the cheese. Then load them up with any combination of meat, onions, jalapeños, tomatoes, avocado, salsa, beans, and more!
- What cheese is best for nachos? It depends on the flavor you’re going for. Pepper jack is used in this recipe to give a nice kick of spice. Any other melting cheese will work as well such as cheddar, colby jack or monterey jack.
- What is the best way to layer nachos? Spread out the chips on a large baking sheet so you have as much chip surface exposed as possible. Start evenly sprinkling on shredded meat, cheese, and any other toppings you’d like warmed up. Once you bake the nachos and the cheese is melty, layer on any cold toppings.
What to serve with them
Serve these nachos as part of an appetizer spread, or create a dinner around them! Either way, these loaded nachos will taste great along with any of these easy recipes.
- Creamy Avocado Salsa
- Pico de Gallo
- Roasted Poblano Corn Salsa
- 10 Minute Homemade Salsa
- Deconstructed Mexican Street Corn
- Palomas or Spicy Serrano Chili Mango Margaritas
More nacho recipes to try
Whether it’s a game day feast, a party with your favorite people, or a fun family night in, these easy nacho recipes have you covered!
- Waffle Fry Nachos with Green Chili Cheese Sauce
- Cauliflower Nachos
- Sloppy Joe Nachos
- Crock Pot Chicken Nachos
- Low Carb Nachos
The Ultimate Pulled Pork Nachos
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread the tortilla chips evenly on a rectangular baking dish or sheet pan.
- Top with the pulled pork, sliced red onion, pepper jack cheese and pickled jalapenos.
- Pop in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the optional toppings of your choice.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.