This post may contain affiliate links.
Deliciously cheesy Cauliflower Nachos are healthy, gluten free, vegetarian & easy to make! At only 9 carbs per serving, they’re perfect for those on the keto diet!
Today’s post is sponsored by my friends at Cabot!
I’m always down to make healthier versions of my favorite foods, as long as they’re still delicious and maintain resemblance of the original dish. For example, I’m down to use cauliflower or mini peppers instead of tortilla chips as the base of nachos, but they still have to be seriously cheesy, or it’s just not a nacho!
Last fall, I created Mini Pepper Nachos for those that wanted a low carb option to eat for dinner or snack on during game day. Now, I’m excited to introduce cauliflower nachos on the blog! If you love roasted cauliflower, you’re going to love these nachos!
Cauliflower is tossed in olive oil and taco seasoning, then roasted in the oven for 15 minutes. After the cauliflower is roasted, it’s topped with red onions and jalapenos, then loaded up with shredded Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese. The nachos are placed back in the oven until the cheese gets nice and melty!
After the nachos come out of the oven, you can toss any and all of your favorite toppings on top! Avocado, yes please! Fresh Pico De Gallo, sign me up! Creamy Chipotle Sauce, I’m in!
The cauliflower is seriously filling, so you can easily eat these nachos as a meal. They’re also great for a crowd! Serve them as a low carb party snack or appetizer at your next BBQ or fiesta! Add a Watermelon Jalapeno Margarita and really get the party started!
Table of contents
Step by step instructions
- Create Cauliflower Chips. Slice the stems off of two heads of cauliflower, then slice the heads of cauliflower in half through the middle. Place the cauliflower head halves, flat side down on a cutting board and cut into 1/4 inch slices. The cauliflower slices will naturally break into “chips” once sliced. If there are any larger pieces left, slice them in half.
- Roast the Cauliflower. Place the cauliflower chips on a large baking sheet in an even layer. Drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle taco seasoning over the cauliflower. Toss to coat. Place in a preheated 400°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Make the Cauliflower Nachos. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and top with thinly sliced red onions and jalapenos. Sprinkle 3 cups of shredded Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese over the nachos. Place back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Top the Nachos. Have a nacho topping party! Feel free to add just one or two of your favorite toppings, or go crazy and add them all! I’m on “team crazy” and added them all, fresh pico de gallo, diced avocado, chopped cilantro and creamy chipotle sauce.
What toppings can I add?
- Black Beans – a can of black beans (drained and rinsed) can be added at the same time as the red onions and jalapenos. This will add a significant amount of carbs so if you’re on a low carb diet, I’d skip the beans!
- Sour Cream – if you want to skip the step of making the chipotle cream sauce, sour cream can be tossed on top before serving.
- Salsa – pineapple salsa, tomatillo salsa, chipotle salsa, corn salsa, all seriously delicious options for topping these nachos!
- More veggies! – Top the nachos with roasted red peppers, corn kernels or shredded lettuce to add even more veggie-licious-ness to these nachos!
Frequently asked questions
- How many calories are in cauliflower nachos? These nachos serve 6 and are 263 calories per serving.
- Can I add meat to the nachos? Of course! While the cauliflower is roasting, add 1 lb ground turkey, beef or chicken to a skillet on the stove over medium high heat. Cook the ground meat through, then add 2 tablespoons taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water or chicken broth. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes. After removing the cauliflower from the oven, top it with the cooked ground taco meat, then the red onion, jalapeno and pepper jack cheese. Place back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- For a seriously delicious meat addition, take a note from my Ultimate Pulled Pork Nachos recipe and add this Chipotle Honey Pulled Pork on top of these low carb Cauliflower Nachos. I promise, you will not be disappointed!
- Are cauliflower nachos keto friendly? Yes! At only 6 net carbs per serving and 9 total carbs per serving, these nachos are perfect for those on a keto diet.
More cheesy recipes to try
Try all of the delicious varieties of Cabot Cheese in these tasty recipes!
- Buffalo Crock Pot Mac and Cheese with Hot Habanero Cabot Cheese
- Cheesy Baked Taco Dip with Shredded Fiery Jack Cabot Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls with Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Cheesy Mushroom Spinach Puff Pastry with Cabot Garlic Herb Cheddar
- Buffalo Cheddar Biscuits with Cabot Alpine Cheddar Cheese
- Cheesy Grilled Potatoes with Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar
- 2 heads cauliflower
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- ½ cup red onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup jalapenos, sliced
- 8 oz Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese, grated into app 3 cups
- Pico de gallo
- Avocado, diced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tsp adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the stems off of both heads of cauliflower, then slice the heads of cauliflower in half through the middle.
- Place the cauliflower head halves, flat side down on a cutting board and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- The cauliflower slices will naturally break into “chips” once sliced. If there are any larger pieces left, slice them in half.
- Place the cauliflower chips on a large baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and taco seasoning.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the onions, jalapenos and pepper jack cheese.
- Place back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the optional toppings of your choice.
Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Nutritional information provided does not include optional toppings.
- If you want to add meat to the nachos, cook 1 lb of ground turkey, beef or chicken in a skillet on the stove over medium high heat. Once cooked through, add 2 tbsp taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water or chicken broth. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes. Add the cooked taco meat to the nachos at the same time as the jalapenos and red onions, then top with the pepper jack cheese and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
2 Comments on “Cauliflower Nachos”
This is awesome!! Gotta try!
Thanks so much Karly!