The Ultimate Low Carb Nachos
This post may contain affiliate links.
The ultimate low carb nachos are made by loading mini peppers with all of your favorite nacho toppings, like cheese, beans and veggies, for a healthy, gluten free & low calorie recipe. It’s perfect for parties, game day and Super Bowl Sunday!
What’s not to love about nachos?! They’re easy to make, loaded with delicious toppings, totally acceptable to eat for dinner (in my book!), but also the perfect appetizer to share with friends at a party or sporting event!
While The Ultimate Pulled Pork Nachos used to be my go-to nacho recipe for game day, they’re now tied for first place with these Ultimate Low Carb Nachos!
How to make Low Carb Nachos
Ditch the chips for mini sweet peppers in these low carb nachos. They’re the perfect base for nachos as they’re thicker and stronger than a tortilla chip so you can make sure that all of your delicious nacho toppings stay on top without the base breaking below you. They also add a sweet, crisp pop of flavor to the nachos!
On top, cook lean ground turkey with taco seasoning, then mix in some black beans, corn and diced tomatoes with green chilies. Top the mini pepper nachos off with shredded Mexican blend cheese and pickled jalapenos.
If you’re on the keto diet or on an ultra low carb diet, you can ditch the black beans to make these ultra low carb nachos!
How long do you put nachos in the oven?
These nachos should bake in a 400°F oven for 10 minutes.
What are some toppings for nachos?
Creamy avocado, fresh cilantro, spicy hot sauce or diced tomatoes are all great toppings that still keep these mini pepper nachos low calorie and low carb!
How many carbs are in mini pepper nachos?
There are 25 carbs per serving in this recipe for mini pepper nachos. Omit the black beans and these nachos are 16 carbs per serving.
How many calories are in nachos?
These nachos are 346 calories per serving. Each sheet of nachos serves 8.
Looking for more low calorie, low carb options for gameday? Check out these great recipes!
- Low Calorie Charcuterie Board
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Pork & Sauerkraut Cabbage Rolls
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Skewers
- Whole 30 Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Mini Pepper Nachos
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning, click link for easy homemade recipe
- 15 oz can corn, drained & rinsed
- 15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies, do not drain
- 2 lbs mini peppers, de-stemmed & sliced in half
- 3 cups mexican blend cheese
- ¼ cup nacho sliced jalapenos
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Guacamole or avocado
- Hot Sauce
- Add the ground turkey to a large skillet over medium heat, cook 6-7 minutes.
- Add the taco seasoning, corn, black beans and diced tomatoes with green chilies, continue cooking for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the mini peppers on a large baking sheet, cover with the turkey mixture, then the cheese and jalapenos.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and top with the optional toppings of your choice.
- The nutritional information provided does not include the optional toppings.
- Total carbs for the recipe are 25 per serving. Omit the black beans to make this recipe keto approved and bring the carb count down to 16 per serving.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.