Buffalo Zucchini Chips
This post may contain affiliate links.
Zucchini chips are coated in buffalo sauce, breaded in parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs, then pan fried for a deliciously easy and crispy appetizer recipe!
Zucchinis are one of my favorite vegetables because of their amazing versatility!
They can be spiralized into zucchini noodles for Bruschetta Grilled Chicken Zoodle Bowls, filled with buffalo chicken for Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats, or sliced into chips for Buffalo Parmesan Zucchini Chips!
Zucchinis are a great low carb alternative to traditional noodles or chips, they’re low in calories and high in fiber!
Buffalo Parmesan Zucchini Chips
Buffalo sauce and parmesan cheese add a lot of flavor to this easy zucchini chip recipe. To make them, combine whisked eggs and buffalo sauce together in a shallow bowl, then combine parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs in another bowl. Dip the zucchini in the buffalo egg mixture, then the panko parmesan mixture.
Add vegetable oil to a large skillet over high heat. Once heated, add the zucchini chips and fry for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the chips and place on a wire rack to drain off any additional grease.
Be sure to put paper towels under the wire rack for easy clean-up.
Now let’s talk about some of the problems people encounter when making zucchini chips.
Why are my zucchini chips soggy?
Make sure the oil you’re frying the chips in is hot before adding them to the skillet. Adding the chips too early will cause them to get soggy sitting in the oil waiting for it to heat up.
How do I make crispy zucchini chips?
The key to crispy zucchini chips is coating them evenly in panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese, then adding them to hot oil to pan fry.
Why did my zucchini chips burn?
You have to keep an eye on the zucchini chips while frying them because they will cook in just 2-3 minutes per side. If you leave them in the oil too long the panko parmesan crust will begin to burn.
What to dip zucchini chips in?
You can serve these chips with extra buffalo sauce for dipping, blue cheese or ranch dressing, or a combination of buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing, which is what I did!
How to make zucchini chips without oil?
If you don’t want to fry the chips in oil, you can use an air fryer, or put them in the oven on the middle rack with the broiler on low for 12-15 minutes.
How do I cut zucchini chips?
I used a mandoline to slice the zucchini into even 1/4″ slices for these chips.
Looking for more great appetizers with buffalo sauce? Try these 5 favorites!
- Buffalo Cheesy Garlic Knots
- Gluten Free Buffalo Pickle Chips
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Cheesy Sausage Balls
- Buffalo Cheddar Biscuits
- Buffalo Cheeseburger Dip
Buffalo Zucchini Chips
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 zucchinis, sliced into ¼” slices
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup blue cheese or ranch dressing, for dipping
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and buffalo sauce, set aside.
- In another large shallow bowl, or a large rimmed plate, combine the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Dip the zucchini slices in the buffalo egg mixture, drip off any excess liquid, then dip the zucchini in the parmesan panko breadcrumbs until well coated on all sides, set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the zucchini chips to the hot oil and pan fry for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the oil and place on a wire rack.
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing on the side for dipping.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.