Crock Pot Chicken Nachos
This post may contain affiliate links.
The best Chicken Nachos are loaded up with shredded chicken, tomatoes, chilies, beans & spices all cooked together in an easy crockpot recipe!
Nachos are my jam! They combine crispy tortilla chips, with delicious toppings and lots of cheese, what’s not to love?!
Nachos are the perfect appetizer to share with all of your friends on game day, but can also be made for a Mexican Fiesta dinner during the week.
I’ve become known for my supremely loaded nachos at parties. It all started with these Ultimate Pulled Pork Nachos. I then made the Ultimate Low Carb Nachos on mini peppers instead of tortilla chips for all of my friends looking for a healthier nacho option.
Today I present Crockpot Chicken Nachos. Another totally loaded nacho recipe, made with scrumptious, slow cooked nacho chicken!
The chicken couldn’t be easier to make in a crock pot. It only takes 5 minutes ahead of time to prep, then the slow cooker does the rest of the work!
How to make Chicken Nachos in a Crockpot
To make crockpot chicken nachos, rub 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts with taco seasoning, then place in a crockpot with a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, corn, beans and diced onions.
Allow the chicken to cook for at least 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low. Remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred, then place back in the crock pot and mix all of the ingredients together.
Arrange tortilla chips on a baking sheet, then cover with the slow cooked nacho chicken and top with cheddar cheese.
Place under the broiler on low for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
What toppings should I put on chicken nachos?
To make seriously loaded chicken nachos, you’ll want to add lots of toppings! My favorite toppings are nacho sliced jalapenos, red onions, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, fresh chopped cilantro, hot sauce and sour cream.
How many calories are in chicken nachos?
This recipe is 568 calories per serving and serves 8 people.
To reduce the calories, substitute mini peppers for the chips, like I did in this recipe for Low Carb Nachos. This will reduce the total calories by 1105 and bring the nachos down to 430 calories per serving.
How many carbs are in chicken nachos?
These nachos contain 43 carbs per serving. Omit the black beans and substitute mini peppers for the chips to lower the carbs by 25 carbs per serving.
Without the black beans and with the chips swapped with mini peppers, these chicken nachos are 18 carbs per serving.
Are chicken nachos gluten free?
Yes, these chicken nachos are gluten free. Always make sure the tortilla chips used are gluten free. I like to use Mission Tortilla Chips because they’re labeled gluten-free right on the bag, which means they’re FDA approved gluten-free.
Also make sure the taco seasoning used is gluten free. I make my own Homemade Taco Seasoning so I know exactly what’s going in it and can confirm that it is gluten-free.
What to serve with Crockpot Chicken Nachos
Add these delicious sides and drinks to complete your Mexican fiesta menu!
- Grilled Pineapple Tomatillo Guacamole
- 5 Minute Homemade Salsa
- Frozen Mango Margarita
- Deconstructed Mexican Street Corn
- Grilled Jalapeno Watermelon Margarita
- Mango Salsa
Made them and loved them? Rate the recipe 5 stars below!
Crockpot Chicken Nachos
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning, click link for homemade recipe
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 15 oz can corn, drained
- 15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 oz tortilla chips
- Hot sauce
- Pico de gallo
- Pickled jalapenos
- Sour cream
- Rub the chicken breast with the taco seasoning and add to a slow cooker with the diced tomatoes with green chilies, diced onion, corn and black beans.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, shred, then return to the slow cooker and stir everything together.
- Heat an oven to broil on low.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a sheet pan.
- Spoon the crock pot nacho chicken over the chips, then sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Place under the broiler in the oven for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with the optional toppings of your choice.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.