Homemade pumpkin pie spice is easy to make in just 5 minutes! It’s gluten free, low carb & can be added to desserts, drinks, chili recipes, Thanksgiving pies & so much more!
There’s no denying my love for pumpkin spice in the fall, but did you know that pumpkin spice doesn’t actually contain any real pumpkin?!
That’s right, most of your beloved pumpkin spice treats are simply flavored with pumpkin pie spice, not actual pumpkin.
You can purchase a tiny little 1 oz container of Pumpkin Pie Spice at the grocery store for $5 or you can mix up a mason jar full of it at home for a fraction of the price!
What is pumpkin pie spice made of?
I buy large containers of these spices online, or stock up in the bulk spices section at my local grocery store, to double or triple this recipe. That way I’ll always have plenty of pumpkin spice on hand!
How to store Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pumpkin Pie Spice can be stored in half pint mason jars, or other airtight containers, in the pantry for 2-3 years.
Is Pumpkin Pie Spice Gluten Free?
Yes, homemade pumpkin pie spice is gluten free, low carb, vegan and Whole30 compliant. It’s only 3 calories per teaspoon, making it a great low-calorie flavor addition to tons of fall recipes!
What is Pumpkin Pie Spice used for?
Pumpkin spice can be used for cooking or baking, and can be used in sweet or savory recipes. Check out this list of 10 delicious recipes to use it in, plus how much to use in each recipe!
Savory Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Chili – 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pulled Pork – 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- Pumpkin Chicken Alfredo & Bacon Pasta – 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
Sweet Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Cookies with Salted Caramel Filling – 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirled Crock Pot Brownies – 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- Superfood Pumpkin Smoothie – 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- Cranberry Pumpkin Bread – 5 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- Pumpkin Brookies – 3 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Apple Monkey Bread – 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- Pumpkin Toast – 1 tsp pumpkin spice
Made it and loved it? Rate it 5 stars below! ↓
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
Homemade pumpkin pie spice is easy to make in just 5 minutes! It's gluten free, low carb & can be added to desserts, drinks, chili recipes, Thanksgiving pies & so much more!
- ¼ cup ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 ½ tsp ground allspice
Combine all of the spices together in a small bowl or mason jar.
Store in an airtight container until ready to use.