Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops
This post may contain affiliate links.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops are tossed in a balsamic herb marinade, then wrapped in a bacon weave for a delicious & impressive dinner recipe that is so easy to make!
Of course I was excited that he wanted to share the recipe, but as I looked into ButcherBox, I was equally as excited about his company! At ButcherBox, they find the best 100% grass-fed beef, organic chicken and Heritage Breed pork in America and deliver it directly to your doorstep each month.
Growing up in Oklahoma, we had a “meat man” that would deliver beef to our house each week. The idea of ButcherBox definitely really rang true to my Oklahoma upbringing.
I received my first box two weeks ago and was instantly hooked. I choose the Beef & Pork Box. It featured 4 – 6 oz boneless pork chops, 4 – 5 oz top sirloin steaks, 4 – 8 oz beef boneless short ribs and 2 lbs ground beef. Of course I added the bacon, because, yum, bacon! ButcherBox also offers an all Beef Box, a Mixed Box and a Beef & Chicken Box.
I decided to immediately put the pork chops & bacon I received in the box to use in this recipe for Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops!
My obsession with bacon wrapped meats started with the Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast I created for Thanksgiving two years ago. The obsession has since moved to Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf and now Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops!
The balsamic herb marinade gives a great flavor to the tender and juicy pork chops. The bacon weave adds a salty and crispy exterior to the dish. Overall, it’s #porkonpork deliciousness!
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary (stems removed & chopped)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme (stems removed & chopped)
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning or pork chop seasoning – I’ve tried both and it’s delicious with either one!
- 6 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 (8 ounce) boneless pork chops
- 8 slices bacon (sliced in half)
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Whisk the balsamic vinegar & olive oil together in a small bowl. Mix in the rosemary, thyme, steak seasoning & garlic.
Add this mixture to a plastic bag with the pork chops and toss to coat.
Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
In the meantime, weave 4 bacon slices together (8 halves of bacon), then weave the other 4 bacon slices together.
Place a pork chop in the center of each bacon weave.
Wrap the weave around the bacon.
Place the bacon wrapped pork chops on top of a wire rack on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
If you want delicious meat delivered to your doorstep each month, join ButcherBox today and you will automatically get the bacon “add on” for free your first month! Free bacon?! Oh yeah!
Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Whisk the balsamic vinegar & olive oil together in a small bowl.
- Mix in the rosemary, thyme, steak seasoning & garlic.
- Add this mixture to a plastic bag with the pork chops and toss to coat.
- Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, weave 4 bacon slices together (8 halves of bacon), then weave the other 4 bacon slices together.
- Place a pork chop in the center of each bacon weave.
- Wrap the weave around the bacon.
- Place the bacon wrapped pork chops on top of a wire rack on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.