Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast
This post may contain affiliate links.
A creamy combination of blue cheese & cream cheese is stuffed in chicken, then wrapped in bacon, in this quick and easy stuffed chicken breast recipe! Crispy bacon, juicy chicken and a creamy cheese filling, this recipe has it all! It’s also made with just 5 ingredients, in less than 45 minutes, and it’s gluten free and keto friendly!
Since bacon makes everything better, that means bacon wrapping things makes them SO MUCH BETTER! I think anyone that’s tried my Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf or Bacon Wrapped Dates would agree with this statement!
The key to achieving perfectly crisp bacon and juicy chicken breasts is searing the bacon wrapped chicken on the stovetop, then finishing it in the oven. It’s seriously that easy! No crazy tricks or equipment needed to make this dish perfect every time. Just follow these 4 simple steps to bacon wrapped chicken perfection!
How to make Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Stuff the chicken breasts. In a small bowl, combine softened cream cheese, buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing. Slice two chicken breasts lengthwise through the middle, about 3/4 of the way through, then fold open the chicken breast. Spread the buffalo cheese mixture in the middle of the chicken breast, then fold it back over the cheese mixture.
- Wrap the chicken breast with bacon. Wrap 3 slices of bacon around each stuffed chicken breast.
- Quick Tip! Do NOT use thick cut bacon for this recipe. It takes longer to cook and is more difficult to wrap tightly around the chicken breasts.
- Sear the bacon wrapped chicken breasts. Place the bacon wrapped chicken breasts in a hot cast iron skillet, or cast iron grill pan, on the stove top. Sear for 5 minutes, then flip and sear for an additional 5 minutes.
- Quick Tip! Be sure to preheat the cast iron skillet over medium high heat and do not add the bacon wrapped chicken until the skillet is hot. Adding the bacon wrapped chicken to a hot skillet will give the bacon a perfect sear and crispiness!
- Finish the stuffed chicken breasts in the oven. Transfer the cast iron skillet with the bacon wrapped chicken breasts into a 375°F preheated oven. Cook for an additional 10 minutes, remove from the oven, flip the bacon wrapped chicken and place back in the oven to cook for an additional 10 minutes. The chicken should now be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F and the bacon nice and crispy!
What if I don’t have a cast iron skillet?
No problem! Any oven-safe skillet will work just fine.
Don’t have an oven-safe skillet? No worries! Simply sear the bacon wrapped chicken breasts in a large skillet on the stove, then use tongs to transfer the chicken to a baking sheet to finish the dish in the oven.
What else can you stuff in a chicken breast?
I love the combination of buffalo sauce and blue cheese, but if you’d prefer, you can use ranch dressing instead of the blue cheese dressing in this recipe.
Want to try something totally different? Try one of these combinations for the filling! Each of the amounts listed below will fill two bacon wrapped chicken breasts. Simply double the amounts to make 4 stuffed chicken breasts!
- Spinach Mozzarella – 4 tablespoons softened cream cheese + 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese + 5 ounces frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed to remove excess moisture)
- Jalapeno Cheddar – 4 tablespoons softened cream cheese + 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese + 1 tbsp minced fresh jalapenos – it’s like jalapeno popper chicken & it’s so good!!
- Sun Dried Tomato Basil – 4 tablespoons softened goat cheese + 2 tablespoons diced sun dried tomatoes + 1 tsp fresh chopped basil
- Cheesy Guacamole – 4 tablespoons guacamole + 2 tablespoons shredded pepper jack cheese
What to serve with Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken?
Potatoes, asparagus or cauliflower can all be roasted in the oven with the chicken to complete this delicious meal. Try one of these recipes to pair with the chicken for dinner tonight!
- Cast Iron Skillet Potatoes
- Garlic Lemon Asparagus
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Sweet Potato Skins with Bacon
- Spicy Creamed Corn
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
You can also toss some diced zucchini, broccoli or cauliflower florets right in the skillet with the bacon wrapped chicken breasts after they’ve been seared on the stove. Season with a little salt and pepper and they’ll roast in the skillet right along with the chicken breast.
And BONUS, they’ll also get incredible flavor from cooking in the bacon drippings!
Looking for more easy chicken breast recipes to make throughout the week? Try these 5 favorites!
- Caprese Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Pesto Chicken Spinach Salad
- Gluten Free Chinese Honey Chicken
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the softened cream cheese, buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing in a small bowl.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing them lengthwise through the middle, without slicing all the way through.
- Open the chicken breasts, then spread the buffalo cheese mixture inside the chicken breasts.
- Fold the chicken breast back over the cheese mixture.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 3 slices of bacon.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the bacon wrapped chicken breasts and sear for 5 minutes, then flip and sear for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet with the chicken breasts into the oven.
- Roast for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and flip the chicken breasts.
- Place back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until the bacon is crisp on the outside and the chicken breasts are cooked to 165°F internally.
- If you do not have a cast iron skillet, you can use any oven-safe skillet to make this recipe. If you do not have an oven-safe skillet, use a large skillet on the stove, then transfer the bacon wrapped chicken breasts to a baking sheet to finish roasting them in the oven.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.