Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
This post may contain affiliate links.
Baked gluten free chicken parmesan is an easy recipe, made in just 29 minutes! Serve it with spaghetti squash for a healthy, low carb option, or with gluten free pasta.
Chicken parmesan has always been one of my favorite Italian dishes. And that’s saying a lot, because I love Italian food! It’s cheesy, saucy and easy to make!
Creating gluten free chicken parmesan is as easy as swapping out traditional breadcrumbs for gluten free breadcrumbs. And serving the dish with gluten free pasta, spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles.
This isn’t the first Italian recipe I’ve made gluten free. These Bruschetta Grilled Chicken Zoodle Bowls are a wonderfully healthy, gluten free Italian recipe. And this Gluten Free Pasta Fagioli Soup is a gluten-free spin on the popular Olive Garden recipe. It’s easy to make in an Instant Pot or slow cooker!
My family loves this Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan recipe, and I love to make it! It’s made in only 29 minutes, it’s so easy & the result is totally delicious!
How to make Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
Slice two chicken breasts lengthwise, through the middle, leaving you with four chicken cutlets.
Add olive oil to a large oven-safe skillet or cast iron skillet. Place on the stove over medium high heat.
Add each piece of chicken to the skillet and brown for 2-3 minutes per side. Turn the heat on the stove off. Cover the chicken breasts with fresh sliced mozzarella cheese, then pour marinara sauce over the chicken.
You can use store bought marinara sauce or make this easy marinara sauce recipe before preparing the chicken parmesan.
Cover the skillet and bake in a 500°F preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
While the chicken parmesan is baking, prepare the side of your choice to serve with the dish. Gluten free spaghetti, zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash are all great options!
Can I make Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan without breadcrumbs?
Yes, simply season the chicken breasts with the Italian seasoning and leave out the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Sear the seasoned chicken breasts in the skillet on the stove.
Continue to follow the other recipe directions as instructed. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of the dish before placing it in the oven.
By leaving off the breadcrumbs and serving this recipe with zucchini noodles, it’s only 20 carbs per serving. Twelves of those carbs are from the zucchini noodles and eight carbs are from the chicken parmesan.
This is a great low carb option for those on the keto diet!
Check out all of these great gluten free recipes made in 29 minutes or less!
- Gluten Free General Tso’s Chicken
- Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
- Greek Turkey Stuffed Zucchini
- Vegan Pad Thai with Zoodles
- Chimichurri Shrimp Skewers
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise through the middle.
- Mix the Italian seasoning, breadcrumbs and parmesan together in a shallow bowl.
- Drag the chicken through the breadcrumb mixture and place on top of the olive oil in an oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Brown the chicken on the stove, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Turn the heat on the stove off, cover the chicken breasts with the sliced mozzarella.
- Add the marinara sauce to the skillet.
- Cover the skillet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with cooked pasta.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.